Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Patch ?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:18 am 
Conscript

Dear Developers,

as much as I love playing the game I would really appreciate if you could get some indication of a release date for a patch. I have currently version 191 and my scores do not get recorded. Besides that everything is fine. WIth the 204 I had all the problems described in various other threads (like non loading scenarios). The last posts concerning a patch where made a while ago and you (the developers) did not give an indication of works on a patch,

Actually I cannot get promoted in MA because I do not get scores :-( and that really takes away a lot of fun ;-)

In my opinion its not such a BIG problem to fix this issues.

regards

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:36 am 
Sea Wolf

Regardless of whether your opinion is right or wrong, there's other things in the way of a patch than simply fixing the issues...such as getting asshole publishers to pitch in so that the patch can get around their copy protection.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:51 am 
Developer

1) we have a patch ready, but due to legal issues we can not release it without MAtrix copy protection.
2) we haven't received a single cent from Matrix.
3) we can not make MAN and MA fully compatible due to legal issues (read above).

As for v 191 - it's the most stable version available.

Now we are trying our best not to get into the same trouble again with MAPR.

BTW: A publisher in Poland sold more copies than Matrix... And now compare Poland and USA...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:31 am 
P.L. Marshal

ppl...i dont understand...what's problem
okay you've got the game
install 191 patch
play scenarios\campaigns in singleplayer so you get training
after you feel that you dont need the singleplayer more and want to venture mutiplayer -go ahead and install 204 patch - it is good enough for mutiplayer and it bugs are noticeable in single only
is this so difficult?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:37 am 
Conscript

First,

Thank you for the quick reply :-)

I was not aware of the legal issues and I am sorry for you. I think you should publish future games by yourself (subscription based if possible) like you do with MAN.

To Mrakobes: I did not complain about the 191 patch. Only thing I would like to be fixed is the scoring and the promotion part of MA. Obviously I DO like single player as well, especially if i am sitting in a plane and travaling to some part of the world playing MA.

To Sky Keeper:

1.: Is that true for the GMX version as well ? Are you legaly bound to provide the same kind of patch to MATRIX version as to GMX ? (Obviously I have the GMX version).

I noticed that copying the single player scenarios to the MAN version is possible and they work. For the campaign part I am still guessing :-)

Why do you not implement a single player scoring system in MAN ? (I guess thats not forbidden by the contract with Matrix).

Sorry for all the questions... I am just trying to promote your game to some of my friends and they do not like half working strategy titles.

regards

Michael

P.S.: if its just a legal issue i would take the patch via Personal Message and promise not to tell MATRIX :-)))))))

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:11 pm 
Developer

Ask them to join MAN for a real and dynamic strategy :)
Or wait for MAPR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:15 am 
Tough Nut

Quote:
BTW: A publisher in Poland sold more copies than Matrix... And now compare Poland and USA...

It's not a suprise for me if we take into consideration fact, that in Poland boxed version of MA has been sold for about 5$ ( I'm not kidding...)

BTW: Sky Keeper said that the new patch is ready - I would like to know if Dev's are going to realese any additional maps or scenarios fo MA players ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:47 pm 
Is there no way the new patch can be released in some kinda of beta form without getting into trouble? I'd like to get all the little stars for the campaigns/scenarios at some point... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:07 am 
Conscript

That seems ridiculous to me that, because of weird copyright/publisher issues, you can't release a MUCH needed patch for your own game. I really hate it when copy protection issues get in the way like this. Anyone who really wants to find an illegal copy of any game, can. These issues just end up hurting us, the legitimate owners of the game, and the developers of Massive Assault.

That said, there must be some way to resolve this issue. There's just an unacceptable number of bugs(in the latest patch during single player, at least) for a commercial product. Or what am I saying, vaporware is the latest trend in computer game publishers so MA isn't so bad. ;-)

Last edited by Peterius on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.