Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bug - opponent's secret ally is visible
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:03 pm 
Tough Nut

I was wondering about my move when I accidentally noticed that one of the countries is shown as my opponent's secret ally.
First of all I was completely surprised. I hadn't seen such thing in any of my previous games. I checked the rest of my active games but this didn't occur there.

Now I'm angry because:
- It means that this problem is not permanent but it can occur under some circumstances. So since now I cannot be sure that *all* my secret allies are invisible for my opponents.
- I spent a lot of time thinking about my initial disclosure in this game having in mind that I'm playing against marshal and I think I could win that game. And to do that I really didn't need the information I got accidentaly by means of that bug.
- I'm too honest to pretend that I hadn't seen it. I'm not going to win in such way.

I'm using MA (PL version) + ma_pl_patch_1.2.204.exe (as per advices from this forum I got some time ago).

You can see the problem on a screenshot attached. I'm playing as FNU. As I noticed before, this is a polish version of the game, so let me clarify that "TAJNY" means "SECRET".

I'm still confused because this means that there are two possibilities:
1. The country I see as my opponent's ally is his ally indeed. This would mean that the game receives information about opponent's secret allies. That would be unnecessary source of potential problems.
2. That country can be, but doesn't have to be my opponent's secret ally. This would mean that just the sign was wrong for some reason.

Anyway this shouldn't happen.

Attachments:
ma-bug.jpeg
ma-bug.jpeg [ 182.09 KiB | Viewed 18648 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:20 am 
Sea Wolf

Is it last undisclosed / unattacked medium economy country on the map?

If it is, then it isn't bug (assuming that enemy really has one medium country undisclosed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:00 am 
Tough Nut

It's kind of off-topic, but I'm really suprised there's no Polish word for "menu".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:57 am 
Sea Wolf

Recherchй wrote:
It's kind of off-topic, but I'm really suprised there's no Polish word for "menu".

How do you know 'menu' isn't Polish word. :)

Or maybe the right word would be too long? Like 'Statystyki' barely fits in its place. There's always problems like this when translating programs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:42 am 
Tough Nut

Quote:
Is it last undisclosed / unattacked medium economy country on the map?

If it is, then it isn't bug (assuming that enemy really has one medium country undisclosed).

RMJ you are absolutely right. This country is my opponent's last unrevealed medium economy country so the whole thing is not a bug but my oversight. I don't know how I could miss that. Sorry devs for bothering you.

The whole situation reminds me the one that happend to me a long time ago. Before I started to play in multiplayer mode I completed all the scenarios first. Some of them I found to be extremely tough. After that, in order to learn the rules of playing warldwars, I read the manual. You cannot imagine my surprise when I found what the "control" and "shift" keys are for... :)

P.S. "Menu" is a polish word (I mean commonly used both in restaurants and in computer science as well) which is derived from French.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:31 pm 
Veteran

But if this is the secret ally, why there is no secret army cost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:39 am 
Sea Wolf

i confirm Menu is a french word (i'm French).
many polish people speaks french very well too !

rotm clan website :
http://rotm.free.fr/