Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yet another broken game with a MAC user!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:14 pm 
Tough Nut

I've run into 4 "broken" games so far and everyone has involved a MAC user (I'm a PC user). Is there a problem with one or both of the versions that causes this? Should the patch fix this? If not, will there be a patch to fix it?

The latest broken game is game 51585. Some times I get the "broken game" message, sometimes my opponent gets it. But the common thread is always that my opponent is a MAC user.

:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:30 pm 
Developer

there is a know bug when a game is played with 2 different versions of MA (pre 191 and 191+). Mac version uses v189 rules. You may try to avoid this bug by moving all units not father than 2 hexes (if you want to move a transport you have to click some intermediate points) and ensure that your unit will stop in a capital when capturing it, not just move through (it may continue to move after that as normal). This should be done by both players (PC and Mac). This will reduce the ammount of broken games signifficantly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:58 pm 
Sea Wolf

:-? ...or VP could just fix this problem.

As a Mac user, I'm frustrated with VP's lack of bug fixes. Three months have passed. I still have to constantly rewind and re-do my recruitment phase because of a bug that nixes all recruits when you rewind in the disclosure phase. I can't use the in-game chat because it is screwed up. Sending a commented challenge causes a crash (but it is the only way I can say something to someone not in these forums). I have to change my monitor settings upon every launch of MA in order to get a non-jerky cursor. Not to mention the many other ways the Mac version of MA is not up to date (no "finish" button for timed-out games, can't send random challenges, the list goes on). And now moving transports no more than two hexes every turn? Rediculous. Could someone from wargaming.net please urge VP to get on the ball?

However, on the subject of broken games, out of my 71 completed games so far, I've only had two broken games. How can this be explained? I regularly move transports more than two spaces, and I'm assuming that most of my opponent's are playing with the latest PC version. Any thoughts?

(My two broken games were both vs. Shura-by on Wasserland; perhaps there is some incompatibility between our two MA-types?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:43 pm 
Tough Nut

Placid wrote:
:-? ...or VP could just fix this problem.

Rediculous. Could someone from wargaming.net please urge VP to get on the ball?

I agree. If I were a MAC user, I'd be pretty upset. I recommended this game to a friend and he got it (at least in part) to be able to play it against me.

I realize that wargaming.net isn't fully responsible for the MAC port, but it still reflects poorly on wargaming.net to have a MAC version that is barely usable. I'm pretty sure that if I had the MAC version, I'd be asking for my money back.