Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Air power
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:18 am 
Tough Nut

Okay, I've become pretty comfortable with this game. I win about as much as I lose against decent players and am nearing the rank of Colonel.

But one of my big weaknesses is air power. The only time I ever purchase bombers is towards the end of a game that I'm winning when I have more resources than I know what to do with. During the mid game, if I have ~$10 to spend in a rear area I tend to favor RLs and transports (on a land map) or amphibians and naval transports (on a sea map). But when I find myself trying to attack a city that contains 3 bombers I find it to be very difficult to overcome and often think, why can't I do that?

So when do you buy bombers? Do you deploy them offensively or are they primarily defensive? I've noticed a few players will buy 3 bombers in a medium territory during initial disclosure...but I haven't seen that be very effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:39 am 
Sea Wolf

i tend to buy bombers in 2-3 situations

1. When i have 2 mostly full lines of units on the border of a country (ei 1st line range 1 units, 2nd line range 2 units) and some more range 1 units to plug gaps (usually in transports) then i'd buy bombers to start hitting the enemy further away (as more short range units would just end up sitting there waiting)

2. When i ahve countries far away the bombers range of 12(movement) can allow them to enter combatr in 2 turns (rather than 3-4 turns for units in transports, cometimes longer if there's impassable terrain in the way)

3. When the enemy is using alot of rocket launchers bombers can play hell with them.

4. Bombers can also be very useful for guarding choke points. (Espically if u have 2 cities in rage of the choke point) the enemy will be taking 6+ damage a turn trying toa dvance thru a very narrow gap, u can prob hold him there unitl ur reinforcements run out so he'll prob try todo something else.

bombers are also useful on water maps, ur enemy might be too scared to risk his precious ships when being bombed from multiple island bases.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject: Re: Air power
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:21 pm 
Levy

I want to know how we can use it. Can you tell me?