Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: If you're interested in joining a clan, please post here!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 7:32 pm 
Sea Wolf

The Order isn't taking more members yet, but we may soon. I'd like to see who are interested in joining a clan but haven't yet (Devs included). If nothing else, this can be a place where you can see who else is interested and form a clan yourself.

Please post here if you are interested!

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Last edited by Maelstrom on Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:28 pm 
Veteran

I'm pretty new but really enjoy MA so I'd be interested in teaming up for some butt kicking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:29 pm 
Veteran

Is there really so little interest in clan membership?

Everyone needs to realize it's not important whether your a great player, it's having fun with the competition that counts.

I'm a member of the first clan, so it wouldn't be appropriate for me to start a clan of my own. Generals and Colonels, why don't you start talking to some players who seem to be enjoying the game and start your own clan? You can create your own name and make your mark upon the world.

There are many highly competent players out there. I was seriously thrashed by mgrosh in the tournament. Maybe he'd like to join a new clan? Remember, just because someone may not have a high ranking does not mean they are not excellent players.

Sometimes lower ranked players will jump right up and bite you, isn't that right Tiger? I'm very much looking forward to our second game, why don't you just go ahead and get your surrender over on that first game? We'll be able to concentrate on the second better that way... and I want my 40 points! ;-)

Let the good times roll...

Brashen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:52 am 
P.L. Marshal

as for me - i consider clans in MA completely useless and i suppose that's just element of fashion started by Maelstorm.Since games in MA are 2-player only there is no way for a clans members to help each other and therefore that does not matter are you member of a strong clan or not- that just you decide.Clans are a typical feature of MMORPG where large amount of players fight each other simultaneously (sometimes like 200 vs 200) and of course there are reasons to be in clan.Also i see some reason having in clan in TBS games like HMM4 or Disciples 2 or AoW where like 4-8 players can play same game simultlaneously so there may be 4vs 4 competiton (note - i only played HHM and Disciples vs 3 opponents in hotsead mode and i dont know if that works in online mode) Sooo...there is little or no use for clans in MA since anyway each player can wage worldwars as much as he can\want and presence of clans can.t change this.
Anyway..i was thinking to have some fun starting a clan of my own calling it like
"defilers of tradition" just to mock the "guardians of tradition" but put that aside since nobody seems to be really interested in clans (this is understandable).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:16 am 
Veteran

I'm not going to repeat my reply to this unfortunate comment here, but if you look closely elsewhere....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:33 pm 
Veteran

Mrakobes wrote:
as for me - i consider clans in MA completely useless and i suppose that's just element of fashion started by Maelstorm.Since games in MA are 2-player only there is no way for a clans members to help each other and therefore that does not matter are you member of a strong clan or not- that just you decide.Clans are a typical feature of MMORPG where large amount of players fight each other simultaneously (sometimes like 200 vs 200) and of course there are reasons to be in clan.Also i see some reason having in clan in TBS games like HMM4 or Disciples 2 or AoW where like 4-8 players can play same game simultlaneously so there may be 4vs 4 competiton (note - i only played HHM and Disciples vs 3 opponents in hotsead mode and i dont know if that works in online mode) Sooo...there is little or no use for clans in MA since anyway each player can wage worldwars as much as he can\want and presence of clans can.t change this.
Anyway..i was thinking to have some fun starting a clan of my own calling it like
"defilers of tradition" just to mock the "guardians of tradition" but put that aside since nobody seems to be really interested in clans (this is understandable).

I'm not going into detail here... I don't think it's necessary.

1. Camaraderie
2. Fun

I would rather lose and enjoy the support of friends than win and enjoy my victory alone.[Yeah, that sounds better :)]

Brashen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:29 pm 
Veteran

I'll like to join a clan :D

I really want to get better at this game :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:17 am 
Veteran

Conqueror wrote:
I'll like to join a clan :D

I really want to get better at this game :D

Hello Conqueror,

Have you read the 3 articles on MA strategy written by Tiger? I thought they were well written with useful and practical information.

Tiger was kind enough to share their location, as will I...

http://massiveassault.wargamer.com/

Watching other people play can be helpful as well. Here's my first game against Tiger. I'm PL...

Attachments:
PLTigerAnt.rep [32.07 KiB]
Downloaded 1857 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 3:56 pm 
Sea Wolf

originally i agreed that i couldn't see much point in clans for a 2player game as for me clans are based on teamwork. Altho the other bits like training can still be done. The main reason i can see for being in a clan is the clan wars that are being discussed (designed?) I've been involved in similar clan wars bfor (tho in games with lots of ppl playing at same time) they are tons of fun and i recomend anyone who likes this game to get involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:27 am 
Tough Nut

I would like to join a 'clan' to participate in the forthcoming Clanwars.
It sounds like fun to me.

I just don't really want all the hassle of running a clan. I've been there and done that before :D

So if anyone wants me ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:38 am 
Sea Wolf

So what we have is several people interested in joining a clan, but noone that wishes to start one. Totally understandable of course. In most games, clans are highly organized, with web sites, forums, clan rules, servers, etc.

I don't think that needs to be the case with Massive Assault, for the same reasons people have mentioned that they were leery of the clan idea to begin with, such as it just being a 2 player game without a lot of room for teamwork. In order for people to create a clan here, all they need to do is find at least 2 other interested people then make a post with who will be a part of the clan. No leader needs to be chosen, no website needs to be established, no servers rented, etc. Just a couple interested people joining together loosely to take part in a fun new idea.

The only "major" decisions that have to be made are what the clan name is, a logo to use, and who will defend a planet when you are attacked in the clan war. The first 2 don't even need to be made immediately.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:35 pm 
Veteran

I think we're almost ready to start on the clan war.

If you have a clan and would like to be included from the outset, please email the details to newworldorder@graffiti.net and we will be happy to include you.

Details of the current rules can be found at www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/clanwar.htm

These are by no means final, and if you have any suggestions we would be pleased to hear them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:52 pm 
Veteran

And to all who oppose me, good luck. You're going to need it!

;)

Brashen

P.S. Still working on developing skills to catch up with my ego.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:05 am 
Veteran

Hey, I'm still looking for a clan that will take me. If somebody needs fodder I can fill that role, no problem!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:36 pm 
Conscript

Hi Dracovius, I will line up right behind you as happy "fodder". I'd love to be part of a clan. I'm not sure how exactly it would work, but maybe people supporting each other with strategies, and cheering each other on could be part of it. I think it sounds fun.

If anyone is willing to "draft" me please email me... believe me right now there aren't many takers.. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:59 am 
Sea Wolf

The main reason behind the clans is the clan war that the 3 current clans have helped design and are in the 1st week of playing. You can find links to the clan war rules as well as the 3 clan sites somewhere on this forum :) so have a look at them and see which 1 u like the sound of. Obviously there's also training etc for newer ppl that want it.

p.s mine is linked in my signature and has links to the clan war rules etc on it too.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:19 pm 
Conscript

Any clan takers can join me in my effort, i'm trying to set up a new one as i said in the above thread.
Specially looking for regular & compromised players.
PM or send me a challenge at the battlefields in order to join....

A NEW CLAN... A NEW HOPE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:53 am 
Tough Nut

I am also pretty new, though I have a little (but I have :)) exp. in wargames as an entire genre.
I would really like to join.
My Alias is Lars
My ICQ is 205711514

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:32 am 
Conscript

I am looking for possible clan involvment.. sounds like an interesting diversion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:44 am 
Veteran

I'm sure you'd be more than welcome.

Would you rather play in the little war, or the larger war? The little war has been designed more for newer players.

Ideally, we are looking for more clans to be formed, so if you're able to round up 2 or 3 other interested parties that would be even better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next