Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quitch (W) Vs Tiger (L) - Antarcticus, 13 turns
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:15 pm 
Sea Wolf

This is a game for all those poor Conscripts who I see getting beaten on the frontpage of MassiveAssault.com by Tiger. Pretty much every non-naval unit combo under the sun gets used here, and it's quite an interesting game to watch.

Unfortunately Tiger has challenged me to a rematch where I'm the F.N.U. so I'm not going to be enjoying this for long :)

Attachments:
Quitch(W)VsTiger(L)1Antarcticus13rep.rep [50.38 KiB]
Downloaded 1472 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:56 pm 
Sea Wolf

Wait....Tiger is MORTAL? :o

This I gotta see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:06 am 
Sea Wolf

Watch carefully around turn four when he misclicks, or loses concentration, and does an additional two damage to a dead unit, not killing the two health LAV sitting next to it (which he could have hit).

I was a Conscript at the time of the challenge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:09 am 
Developer

Quitch wrote:
Watch carefully around turn four when he misclicks, or loses concentration, and does an additional two damage to a dead unit, not killing the two health LAV sitting next to it (which he could have hit).

I was a Conscript at the time of the challenge.

Oh... that has an easy explanation...
Tiger has so many games with the newbies, that he is forced to make some of the turns when he's sleepting...

It took him around two weeks to learn that - now he can perfectly go to sleep leaving his arm on the mouse and make his turns in a semi-somnabulistic condition.
That must have been the case with those two LAVs... he's not yet perfect at his sleeping mode...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:49 am 
Sea Wolf

Vic wrote:
That must have been the case with those two LAVs... he's not yet perfect at his sleeping mode...

What time does the Great Predator sleep? I'll make sure to time my turns for those times :P

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:30 am 
Sea Wolf

Vic wrote:
Tiger has so many games with the newbies, that he is forced to make some of the turns when he's sleepting...

THAT must be how I lasted those two extra turns when I was brave/stupid/masochistic enough to challenge him to a rematch!

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hey, no free viewings! You watch, you feedback ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:10 am 
Sea Wolf

I think Tiger made one big mistake: he should have attack down the SW with his troops instead of taking neutral countries, which played no real part in the game, in the NW. He spent a fair number of resources doing this, and in the end he only had time to take two countries anyway.

Had he dedicated those resources to the SW, he would have forced me to fight on yet another front, as well as opening the possibility of slipping in behind my front lines via naval transports.

This, I believe, would have been enough to tip the balance in his favour. At points he broke through my front lines and most turns were spent reclaiming my land from him, or patching more holes. With yet another front, I'm not sure I'd have had the troops to do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:13 pm 
Sea Wolf

Well, I finally got around to watching it to critique (as opposed to "for fun"), and here's a few things that I noticed:

Tiger kept trying to muscle his way through the stalemate in the center. More artillery and less tanks would've helped there. If he had sent his tanks into Moscowgradia and his Mortars to the Rogeria-Campburgia border, the differences in range and speed may have made the difference.

You're right, Quitch, in that an assault along the southern coast would have opened up another front. I would have gone south and just picked up a couple bombers to take out the tower in Faji. Of course, knowing my luck, that would have backfired horribly :wink:

For some reason, Tiger didn't use bombers. A bomber or two could have come in handy against Annihilators and wounded Ostriches.

Now, all of these may have very good reasons behind them and simply didn't turn out as planned, but what has me really scratching my head is why Tiger invaded Pantherberg with the guerillas from Moscowgradia. His reinforcements were too slow to kick yours out before those LAVs were destroyed, especially with another red country right next door. Instead, it gave you an Annihilator which dealt a LOT of damage to his forces.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!