Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 24607-ANT-Quitch(W)-Enforcer(L)-7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:17 am 
Sea Wolf

A game from an internal tournament within the Forces of Redemption, which I am a member of. Enforcer gets a bit of an unlucky placement in relation to me (I basically surround him), but makes what I consider a classic mistake among the better players. He deploys to lose. Because this is a small map he deploys to cover his borders, but with such an immobile force he has only one attack option, and the second I block that he has lost because, while I can take territory, he can take nothing and is on the back foot.

I don't think he should have declared the countries he did. He was worried about border cover, but I think he needed to take a risk and deploy to either central the central low he didn't own, or to focus two territories on the SE low. As it is, he's out of the game within a turn.

Attachments:
24607-ANT-Quitch(W)-Enforcer(L)-7.rep [22.81 KiB]
Downloaded 1672 times

Post subject: 15919-ANT-Quitch(L)-Redfox(W)-16
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:20 am 
Sea Wolf

Whoops! Should have won this one, but I managed to lose two loaded transports AND place an annihilator within range of there bombers.

This game hinged on the left flank. If I'd held there, my large central army could have swept into the territory and tipped the balance, especially if I'd held him out of the central medium. However, early on I lose a transport with two tanks, and after that I simply don't have the resources to fight a decent battle against him, he takes the flank too quickly and my forces arrive too late.

Attachments:
15919-ANT-Quitch(L)-Redfox(W)-16.rep [63.82 KiB]
Downloaded 1665 times

Post subject: 22650-NR-Reaktor(L)-Quitch(W)-8
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:24 am 
Sea Wolf

This game is won in the North. I push into Reaktor's High from three different directions, and his rescue forces are far too slow to threaten this attack. I believe he should have probably ignored the forces in the North, focusing solely on the ones invading his High from the West out of my Medium. He invades this Medium from behind, and with the added with of the High's troops here he may well have moped up the small forces I left on the beach to maintain control.

Attachments:
22650-NR-Reaktor(L)-Quitch(W)-8.rep [32.71 KiB]
Downloaded 1651 times

Post subject: 17094-BRI-Rodehard(L)-Quitch(W)-12
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:28 am 
Sea Wolf

After losing to me on New Paradise, Rodehard challenged me to a rematch, this time on Brimstone. It looks pretty bad for me at first, with him invading around the North, and one of my three countries being isolated on the wrong side of the world. An invasion of a Medium with it looks pretty stupid, and meanwhile my Medium in the NE is playing a holding game against two countries.

Amazingly, I win. The invasion of the Medium in the SW proves to be a a brilliant move, tying up one of Rodehard's countries and preventing him sending troops to the front lines.

My other Low meanwhile has invaded one of his Low's, the defending troops of which are slowly pushed backwards towards his Medium. However, we still have equal resources at this point, but I basically pack my Medium with LAVs and place a couple of Mortars and Bots behind them, and Rodehard is forced to a halt, destroying easy to replace LAVs, while I chew on his Medium to prevent it helping his Low. Once his NE Low falls, it's all over, his Medium will be swept away and destroyed, so he surrenders, wondering how he lost :)

Attachments:
17094-BRI-Rodehard(L)-Quitch(W)-12.rep [34.89 KiB]
Downloaded 1688 times

Post subject: 24193-EME-Quitch(W)-Wolf(L)-7
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:31 am 
Sea Wolf

Another game from the Little Clan War. I'm defending Emerald against Tiger's Galatic Empire (known before as the Guardians of Tradition). This game doesn't prove much of a challenge, I quickly surpress Wolf's resources by slipping into his territory from all angles, and quickly crush any resistance. There are a couple of minor interesting moments in the SE where I have to be careful about where to move my invading units to ensure I have at least one alive in the territory to stop him buying units.

Attachments:
24193-EME-Quitch(W)-Wolf(L)-7.rep [21.02 KiB]
Downloaded 1699 times