Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: suggestions and questions
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:59 pm 
im a trial player so far but what if your in an online battle and you want to be P.L. and they want to be P.L. or vice versa
2: i know the whole goin over dead units thing takes alot of stragety out of the game but there should be an option if you want to or not, like a toggle on/off kinda thing
3: there should be an abillity like shoot then move not just move then shoot again it takes stragety out of the game but toggle on off would be realy nice :) and you may hav seen this topic and message before but i havnt gotten a reply in like, three days

Post subject: GRHAA SOOOO DAMN CONFUSED GRRRRRRRR
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:41 pm 
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEEN M.A. AND M.A.N. WILL SOME ONE ANSER IN ENGLISH PLEAS IS ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER DOES ONE HAV FEATURES THAT THE OTHER DOESNT WHATS THE DIFFERENC. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:56 pm 
Sea Wolf

#1: Lay off the caps lock :D

#2: In short, MA has more singleplayer and an up-front cost but no fee. MAN has more multiplayer and is free to get, but has a monthly fee.

In long, MA has almost all the maps available for single-player. It has several campaigns and quite a few scenarios, all of which are quite good. The game itself costs a few dozen bucks to get, but is free to play for as long as you like once you've paid for it. MAN, on the other hand, has no campaigns and only a couple scenarios, and the only map available for singleplayer is Emerald. However, the multiplayer has a built-in chat room, the Public Challenge function, and gets new (MAN-only) maps every month, such as Crateus. MAN also has improved graphics and is free to download, but requires a monthly fee of $6-$7 per month.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:05 pm 
P.L. Marshal

umm...suppose it will be good idea to change this guy's nickname from "random guy" to "random moron"...

Post subject: Re: suggestions and questions
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 4:47 pm 
Veteran

??? random guy??? wrote:
2: i know the whole goin over dead units thing takes alot of stragety out of the game but there should be an option if you want to or not, like a toggle on/off kinda thing
3: there should be an abillity like shoot then move not just move then shoot again it takes stragety out of the game but toggle on off would be realy nice :) and you may hav seen this topic and message before but i havnt gotten a reply in like, three days

"Takes a lot of strategy out of the game"? Please restrain from insulting the designers so blatantly when you have little or no concept of strategy yourself. Be honest and say that you haven't grasped the strategy of it yet and ask for assistance.

Kids today. Bah! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:06 pm 
Sea Wolf

Mrakobes wrote:
umm...suppose it will be good idea to change this guy's nickname from "random guy" to "random moron"...

Agreed. We don't need rookies coming in here saying this or that should be different. Play for a few months, THEN come make suggestions. Also, WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE CAP LOCK, HUH!?!! YOUR CAP LOCK KEY GET STUCK! WTF LOL!!!!!!1!!!11!!!1one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:36 am 
Sea Wolf

don't understand the going over dead point u made, if they acted as blockages then every game would be a draw due to the dead units blocking all the borders.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:11 pm 
Sea Wolf

He doesn't mean to change the way they're cleared at the end of a turn. This guy wants to be able to blow up an LAV, then run a transport through the space it occupied later that turn. As it is now, that dead LAV will still block movement until the end of the Combat phase.

Post subject: wow your very goddamn harsh
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:12 am 
look at least iv ben advertizing for you at digisonline.com with over 1,000,000 visitors daily and tryin to advertize at bob@georg.com with even more daily and can you guys/girls be any more harsh im a noob damn peaple im sure you were like me at one point and there only suggestions and qeustions besides i relize that if i want to hav thos features id hav to copy the game change the title and put those features in and im not insulting any one and thanx for clearing that out for me ill just get M.A. then once i become good ill get M.A.N.

Mrakobes wrote:

thats very harsh to say when i havnt ben educated on this game for example if youv never heard of additoin and some one ask "whats 2+2 " would you know any ways back to the point im not doing anything wrong im tryin to help and no my caps lok wasnt stuck and P.S. you still didnt anser my first question if im battling some one they want to be P.L. and i want to be that team what happens.

Post subject: wow your very goddamn harsh
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:13 am 
look at least iv ben advertizing for you at digisonline.com with over 1,000,000 visitors daily and tryin to advertize at bob@georg.com with even more daily and can you guys/girls be any more harsh im a noob damn peaple im sure you were like me at one point and there only suggestions and qeustions besides i relize that if i want to hav thos features id hav to copy the game change the title and put those features in and im not insulting any one and thanx for clearing that out for me ill just get M.A. then once i become good ill get M.A.N.

Mrakobes wrote:

thats very harsh to say when i havnt ben educated on this game for example if youv never heard of additoin and some one ask "whats 2+2 " would you know any ways back to the point im not doing anything wrong im tryin to help and no my caps lok wasnt stuck and P.S. you still didnt anser my first question if im battling some one they want to be P.L. and i want to be that team what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:59 am 
Sea Wolf

if u both want to be pl then just play 2 games where u are both pl once. And if u both feel taht only pl can win, then just say the one who wins in the shortest number of turns wins.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 7:13 am 
P.L. Marshal

yes that was harsh
but that was not about being newbie but about being ignorant and yes i am harsh to ignorance
even total newbie who not played can
1) read about MA on www.massiveassault.com
2) read about MAN on www.massiveassaultnetwork.com
make a simple comparation
instead you come here and YELL IN CAPS asking us to retype for you what is written on sites.
and just who are you after that?

and about your first question - if you both want PL play random game
but if random will give FNU and you then lose then opponent should allow you to play a rematch as PL
and if you still lose as a PL then he is just better and side doesnt matter

Post subject: wow i feel stupid right now
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:55 am 
your right i was just frustrated about tryin to figure it out sorry, but i didnt now that there was two seperate websites for M.A. and M.A.N. i thout there was only this :oops: . well thanx for helpin me and one last question for now. how do you put thos pictures up like how you hav that face half metle and half real i realy wanna know how to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:46 am 
P.L. Marshal

ever tried editing your profile?

Post subject: Re: wow i feel stupid right now
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:23 am 
Sea Wolf

??? random guy??? wrote:
how do you put thos pictures up like how you hav that face half metle and half real i realy wanna know how to do that.

First you need to register for the forum :)

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject: DAMN
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:15 pm 
thats alot of bull how does this site only hav five hundred registerd users it deservs alot more than that but i think i know a way to get more peaple in make a 5 day trial of the full thing and that will make them come chargin in thats my suggestion right now and now heres the quistion for artanis and dreestan... JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU... thats all for now
[/i][/b]

Post subject: oops almost forgot to ask
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:22 pm 
what does sea wolf, P.L. marshal,guest,and veterin mean and how do you get them i cant change the way it says guest on mine

Post subject: Re: oops almost forgot to ask
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:28 pm 
Sea Wolf

??? random guy??? wrote:
what does sea wolf, P.L. marshal,guest,and veterin mean and how do you get them i cant change the way it says guest on mine

Again, you need to register. Right now the forum knows nothing about you and you are a generic user, but if you register it can track what you do and give you profile information as well as the chance to add an avatar.

As far as the title, that comes from how many posts you've made. Special titles have been made for special players like Tiger, who is one of the best players of the game and has the title Supreme Marshal. The other is Mrakobes, who's the forum's resident grump ;) (no offense intended)

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject: Re: DAMN
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:37 pm 
Sea Wolf

??? random guy??? wrote:
now heres the quistion for artanis and dreestan... JUST WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU

I assume you're referring to our avatars...in which case, my avatar is a picture of Artanis, a Protoss hero from StarCraft: Brood War. I think that Deestan's avatar is a duck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:15 am 
Sea Wolf

So *that's* what it is!