Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New patch v1.2.198
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:36 pm 
Developer

Hello,

New patch for Massive Assault Network has been released and available for download at:
http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/download/man_patch_1.2.198.exe

Please be advised it’s enough to apply the latest patch to whatever version you have, since it fixes all the bugs fixed by previous patches.

Good luck!
Wargaming.net Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:38 pm 
Tough Nut

Good job with all the revisions .. everything is looking great so far!

Any hint as to what was changed w/ this patch?

-Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:05 pm 
MrBill wrote:

Well, for me on a Windows XP SP1 box with Nvidia GF4 and DirectX 9b, it killed my ability to ALT-TAB out to the desktop, which is a fairly important feature for myself, most importantly because I run the Zone Alarm firewall, which when a new .exe runs (as with a new patch), asks if you want to allow it network access.

So... after connecting for the first time, the only way out was to power cycle the PC.

Workaround is to switch to windowed mode to allow the access, then switch back to full screen.

To the developers: anything I can do to help debug, lemme know. Not part of the beta test, but glad to help if I can.

P.S. On a related note, should we be patching whenever we see a new version, or should we wait until we either see a problem or the client refuses to connect?

In other words, is there any enforcement from the server that you need to be at a particluar version (I've seen some posts regarding incompatibility issues, etc) when you connect?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:07 pm 
Tough Nut

Anonymous wrote:
P.S. On a related note, should we be patching whenever we see a new version, or should we wait until we either see a problem or the client refuses to connect?

Well, this being Beta and all, I think we should always be testing the most recent version to ensure that no new bugs have creeped in with the fixes ..

-Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:59 am 
Sea Wolf

Anonymous wrote:
MrBill wrote:

Well, for me on a Windows XP SP1 box with Nvidia GF4 and DirectX 9b, it killed my ability to ALT-TAB out to the desktop, which is a fairly important feature for myself, most importantly because I run the Zone Alarm firewall, which when a new .exe runs (as with a new patch), asks if you want to allow it network access.

So... after connecting for the first time, the only way out was to power cycle the PC.

Workaround is to switch to windowed mode to allow the access, then switch back to full screen.

To the developers: anything I can do to help debug, lemme know. Not part of the beta test, but glad to help if I can.

In other words, is there any enforcement from the server that you need to be at a particluar version (I've seen some posts regarding incompatibility issues, etc) when you connect?

CTRL-ALT-DEL and then select Task Manager. That will get you to the desktop (and you may need to do it twice).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:29 pm 
Conscript

Quitch wrote:
CTRL-ALT-DEL and then select Task Manager. That will get you to the desktop (and you may need to do it twice).

Nope, simply didn't work for me on the new patch. Neither CTRL-ALT-DEL nor ALT-TAB worked as expected.

Never had a problem before in previous versions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:05 am 
Sea Wolf

I can't see how MA could override CTRL-ALT-DEL, it operates at a level below the program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:40 am 
Sea Wolf

Windows bashing, especially uninformed Windows bashing, helps no one.

I find it amusing that you think 2000 is so vastly superior, despite the fact that both 2K and XP use almost the same Kernel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:56 am 
Conscript

In regards to the ALT-TAB issue, it appears it either was a fluke or an interaction with ZoneAlarm. Seems to work fine now that I've allowed MA to talk in ZA.

Ad for 2k being more reliable than XP, I'm mystified. I'm not MS-lover, but XP is definitely the best OS they've done yet.