Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Better MA and MAN integration, please.
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:35 am 
Conscript

I own MA and I also subscribe to MAN. I like to sometimes play World Wars against the AI and work through the scenarios I haven't completed in MA. I also like to play multiplayer with MAN. I can't play the single player stuff in MAN, and playing multiplayer in MA would be annoying because it doesn't have all the new MAN features. I also miss the cool new textures that MAN has when I am playing MA. It's also annoying to have to switch between MA and MAN when I am waiting for turns or checking on new turns.

What I'd really like is to be able to somehow combine my MA installation with my MAN installation so that I could play all the single player content in MAN. This would make it easier to switch between multiplayer and single player without having to switch programs, and would make the single player stuff use all the cool new textures in MAN. I know it'd be extra work for the developers to support this, but I still think it'd be a pretty nice bonus for those of us who own both MA and MAN.

Now, I totally understand that you want to add extra multiplayer features to MAN that don't make it into MA, and I think that's a fine thing to do. I'm just saying that for people who own both MA and MAN, it'd be nice if there was more synergy between them. Sort of a "more than the sum of its parts" kind of thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 1:02 pm 
Sea Wolf

Take a look at the news on the MA page, they have recently announced a new expansion that when completed, will integrate fully with MAN. It will also allow you to play all MAN maps single player, among many new features.

http://www.massiveassault.com/press_release10.php

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 2:03 pm 
Conscript

:o Yeah, that does sound like just what I was talking about. Its also nice to see they are addressing every complaint I've ever heard about MA/MAN (well, except for support of larger than 1 on 1 games). My favorite is the new unique units for the two sides.

Wonder when it will be out and how much it will cost. Looks like they'll be getting even more of my money.