Massive Assault Official Forum
   
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:01 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 77
Karma: 0

Location: Lake Worth, FL
Hold on. I am a conservative. This test calls me an independent-leftie. Something is wrong.
Could someone explain the Authoritarian scale? I don't understand it.
I guess since many people are middle to the left, they must like liberation... of Iran!!! <-I didn't say it.
Liberation of Iraq from the Saddam and Al-qaeda garbage.
Tsk Tsk

_________________
Strategos

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!


Last edited by Strategos on Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:10 pm 
Offline
P.L. Marshal
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:14 am
Posts: 1065
Karma: 0
well...i suppose this test seems kinda odd to Strategos because he as usual thinks that USA is only state in the world and thinks only about US politics
this test deal with universal political ideas not the collisions of current moment
what exactly you need explained? autoritarian means that you like strong government strict control of goverment over society (which is pretty much conservative) and that you dislike the liberals and their ideas of excessive freedom.that's why you placed high in autoritarian scale (over 5).i am not sure why you are left though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:48 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Posts: 143
Karma: 0

Location: Bergen, Norway
Strategos wrote:
Hold on. I am a conservative. This test calls me an independent-leftie.


No, you aren't left enough to be a leftie. And you can hardly call your position (in the graph) indepentent when you are in the upper half of the authoritarian area.

So don't worry. ;)

Strategos wrote:
I guess since many people are middle to the left, they must like liberation... of Iran!!!
Liberation of the Saddam and Al-qaeda garbage.
Tsk Tsk


Sometimes your reasoning and your wording of your conclusions amaze me.

Edit: bad grammar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:18 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 77
Karma: 0

Location: Lake Worth, FL
Markrobes, the USA is a NATION with STATES in it.
Iraq is about the size of just one of our states.
Quitch's home nation is as big as one of our states. :lol:
The liberation of Iraq was used to drag politics back into this.

I see... :(
I don't like government to have strict control over us, I prefer that people keep strict control over themselves. The law is like a babysitter. I prefer modesty and morality to sluts and whores. I don't mean; however, that women have to wear a burka, I mean that things like bikinis shouldn't exist. This is my point of view. Now you may see how gay unnatural practices look when I see them. I'd rather puke than get married to some transgender mutant or man. Or I would prefer to die first. I may be in school and I don't see much of the political action, but I at least know what laws and court cases are big in the government, and I know what the candidates stand for. :x

I am not aware of any events on the international stage outside of Iraq, so it is easiest for me to speak about America. :oops:

At least I'm glad that I am not a total leftie, I was scared for a moment.
:-?

I think that this political test is another way to create a political division between us. :wink: I don't like division, I love arguing. It is fun. :P

_________________
Strategos

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 1:59 pm 
Offline
Supreme Marshal
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:40 pm
Posts: 1980
Karma: 6

Location: Moscow, Russia
Economic Left/Right: -7.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.82


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:02 pm 
Offline
Veteran

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2004 8:12 am
Posts: 98
Karma: 0
Economic Left/Right : -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian : -4.05


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:07 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Posts: 143
Karma: 0

Location: Bergen, Norway
Strategos wrote:
I'd rather puke than get married to some transgender mutant or man. Or I would prefer to die first.


You seem to have misunderstood the debate about legal homosexual marriage. It's not about forcing all men to marry each other, it's about freedom for people to choose any partner they want. Whether you find other men sexually attractive or repulsive is completely bleeding irrelevant.

Strategos wrote:
Markrobes, the USA is a NATION with STATES in it.
Iraq is about the size of just one of our states.
Quitch's home nation is as big as one of our states. :lol:
The liberation of Iraq was used to drag politics back into this.


Did you put a point in here somewhere, or is it just a spontaneous act of geographic lecturing?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:42 pm 
Offline
P.L. Marshal
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:14 am
Posts: 1065
Karma: 0
Strategos...you are as much ignorant about political theory as i am about software development.do you understand what's a federation? it is a large _state_ which includes some semi-state subjects.those subjects territories may be on paper called "state" too but they are not independent states in political meaning because they not have their own armies or external politics - they delegate part of these responsibilities to federal government.So in political meaning the US federation as a whole is a "state" not NY or CA.( in political meaning they are provinces not states )
So this all about how a country is being organised not about the size of territory...for example Saha (Yakutian republic) in Siberia - it is as large as Europe or US but it is not an independent state it is a semi-state subject of Russian Federation.
i am lazy to type in all that - instead I seriously recommend you Strategos reading some books about political and constitutional theory (well i dont know how those sciences called in US but there should be some kind of) because you are expression very childish views.
Next part of your post is - exactly depicts your autoritarian views...because people who are libertarian usually think that they can do anything they wish (at least as long they dont do direct damage to each other).so if you believe that there are things they should not do - you are not libertarian - so be happy about you positive rating in second number in test.
And i dont know why you so afraid being "leftie" - that's probably some kind of american delusion to think any left is communist.there are alot of leftist parties with different views...the social-democrats in most european countries for example..those who got a negative first number in test probably have some views close to left part.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:15 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 77
Karma: 0

Location: Lake Worth, FL
Left and right may have different meanings where you are.
I don't want gays to have the right to marriage because marriage is a bond for pairs of the opposite sex for the purpose of reproduction.

You won't like my upcoming language...

Marriage is an institution of God. It is found everywhere. God did not create a "Jack" or a "Larry" to be Adam's helper and companion. Dicks don't fit inside dicks. For the gays, dicks fit in asses, which cannot become fetilized. The same applies for women, who in this case must use a strap. A strap will not cause reproduction. Gays can still buttfuck outside of marriage. Women can do... well they can do whatever they already do without being in marriage. Marriage was created by God before the days of Moses and Abraham since the beginning of the world as we know it. The family is a fairly common structure associated with marriage. In it, there should be at least a mother, a father, and their offspring. Offspring raised with two mommies or two daddies or only one parent or under divorce (which God does not favor) often suffer social growth problems. In light of this, it is a desecration of marriage when gays try to raise a child together or when a marriage undergoes divorce. If gay marriage becomes more common in the future, it will be due to its promotion and the corruption of people. A breakdown of morality and decent things has already begun. This world is heading down the immoral path or Sodom and Gehmorrah which God destroyed for their wicked deeds.

Take this for example,
Would you be the wise man who builds his house and his foundation upon the rock; a firm ground to root himself and protect him? Or would you be the foolish man who builds his house on the sand, so then when is rains, the foundation buckles, and his house is destroyed?

You tell me. Is it not wise to keep moral principles and ban gay marriage or let society deteriorate into a sleuth of corruption?

_________________
Strategos

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 7:47 pm 
Strategos wrote:
Marriage is an institution of God. It is found everywhere. God did not create a "Jack" or a "Larry" to be Adam's helper and companion.....


That whole rambling only makes an inkling of sense if 1) you believe in God or 2) You believe in a single entity Creator.

I choose not to believe in either, but I don't use that religious belief (or lack of belief) to try and degrade others or point fingers and say they are wrong and evil.

Quote:
Take this for example,
Would you be the wise man who builds his house and his foundation upon the rock; a firm ground to root himself and protect him? Or would you be the foolish man who builds his house on the sand, so then when is rains, the foundation buckles, and his house is destroyed?


Religion, ethics, morals and beliefs have nothing to do with a house weathering the storm. If you must use examples, try using ones that equate to the same principle of your point.

Quote:
You tell me. Is it not wise to keep moral principles and ban gay marriage or let society deteriorate into a sleuth of corruption?



Lets look at this analytically... Gay marriage = no reproduction = no offspring = evolutionary death. Straight marraige = reproduction= offspring = evolutionary survival. Hence if a gay couple marries, whats the harm..they don't attribute to overpopulation, they don't attribute to passing on malicious (or even gay, if you like) genes, gay men don't generally rape women, and the list goes on.

You spout off about things, but do you truly understand (comprehend) what you are blabbing about? I believe you had asked a question to Mrabokes in another post about being an idoit or different... We are all different and have different opinions and beliefs, likewise, we are all at one point or another idoits (read as uneducated, unknowing, foolish, whatever) when it comes to certain things. You however tend to act quite idiotic towards many things, or perhaps a better word would be ignorant.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:05 am 
Offline
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:17 am
Posts: 49
Karma: 0

Location: Wargaming.net
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.18


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:05 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 77
Karma: 0

Location: Lake Worth, FL
I do indeed understand what I speak about. The denial of the existence of God is a way to say that you can do what you want without consequence. Athiests deny there is a devil, and at the same time deny there is a God. If athiests say there is no right and wrong (due to a lack of diety to define it), then why is murder a crime? It is wrong because God says so. I'll be back in two hours.

_________________
Strategos

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:12 pm 
Offline
Sea Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:00 pm
Posts: 693
Karma: 0

Location: University of Tennessee, USA
Strategos wrote:
If athiests say there is no right and wrong (due to a lack of diety to define it), then why is murder a crime?

Because they don't NEED a deity to define it. Do you need a deity to define war, or wisdom, or discord?

_________________
Q: How many ADHD people does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:30 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Posts: 143
Karma: 0

Location: Bergen, Norway
Strategos wrote:
I do indeed understand what I speak about. The denial of the existence of God is a way to say that you can do what you want without consequence. Athiests deny there is a devil, and at the same time deny there is a God. If athiests say there is no right and wrong (due to a lack of diety to define it), then why is murder a crime? It is wrong because God says so. I'll be back in two hours.


You honestly can't imagine figuring out murder is a crime if a priest/book didn't tell you "'Cuz God said so!"?

No wonder you find it so easy to "disprove" your opponents. You mix 'em all together at a whim when it suits your arguments.

Nihilists say there is no right and wrong and morals.
Atheists say there is no deity.

Credit card fraud, shitting on the floor in a nursery and setting fire to kittens are crimes and considered immoral and wrong, yet the Bible does not mention them. How ever did we figure that out, then?

People DO understand morals instinctively, but often they disagree on many points and a few people ignore the morals altogether. Your religion was an effective way to spread a standarised set of moral rules in a time where communication was very limited and the population was required to police itself, and now we suffer because it was too effective. All bibles and their dogmas are no longer neccessary and they are horribly outdated, but people still believe insist on hanging on beyond all reason because they were raised that way.

Believe in your god as much as you like, but quit mixing your set of "right" moral rules into your preaching.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:12 pm 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 77
Karma: 0

Location: Lake Worth, FL
Were there no God, then in theory there would be no right or wrong. If there is such a relative definition of right or wrong, and everybody has there own view of right and wrong, then who is to say what is right or wrong?

I have an intersting point to bring up about athiests.
Why do they even declare their own athiesm. If you look on the internet, you will find athiest web sites that denounce God and have some rude lies about Him posted up there. Now tell me, isn't athiesm supposed to be a lack of belief in a God? Yes! It can be equated to a vacuum. Now I don't believe in the invisible blue butt monkeys because I do not believe they exist. Neither do I talk about Santa Clause. People tend not to talk about things they don't believe in, yet these athiests do. They can't get enough of trying to prove there is no God. It tends to make sense that if they believe in Him, they wouldn't even mention Him. It sounds like they try to disprove that there is a God because they are trying to convince themselves that there isn't a God, but they can't because deep down inside they know there is one. God placed in all of us the fundamental knowledge that He exists, and with that, a desire to know and learn about Him. It is through philosophy and religion man has searched for him.

Guys there is a God and you know it (or believe it)

"The fool hath said in his heart, 'there is no God'"

_________________
Strategos

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:23 pm 
Offline
Sea Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:00 pm
Posts: 693
Karma: 0

Location: University of Tennessee, USA
*chuckles* You know, it's ironic. The early persecutions of the Christians were because the Romans thought they were Atheist, and now we have a Christian railing against Atheism.

_________________
Q: How many ADHD people does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:21 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:13 pm
Posts: 77
Karma: 0

Location: Lake Worth, FL
You mean the Roman Catholic Church and the inquisitions?
Christians were persecuted simply because they did not believe what the Pope and all his followers believed in. I'd call it a minor segregation and genocide. Christianity is pretty much different from every other religion. Christianity isn't a religion, He's a person. He is Christ. Most other religions involve idol worship or man trying to reach up to God. In the scene of Christianity it pictures a God who loves us so much that he is reaching down to us.

_________________
Strategos

Now harrasable via AIM and MSN messenger!

Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop!
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:07 am 
Offline
Sea Wolf
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:12 am
Posts: 603
Karma: 1

Location: New York
Strategos wrote:
I do indeed understand what I speak about. The denial of the existence of God is a way to say that you can do what you want without consequence. Athiests deny there is a devil, and at the same time deny there is a God. If athiests say there is no right and wrong (due to a lack of diety to define it), then why is murder a crime? It is wrong because God says so. I'll be back in two hours.



It seems to me that people do whatever the hell they want without fear of consequence anyway. Also, "It is wrong because God says so?" What the hell kinda reasoning is that? Okay, children, let's all open our books to the chapter on the destruction of Sodom. Hmm, looks like offering up your two virgin daughters to be gang-raped in place of two people you don't even know is right because God says so. Oh, I guess the Inquistion was right too, cuz God said so. Hey everybody, let's go torture and murder in God's name, he says it's cool!

_________________
Never stop fighting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:13 am 
Offline
Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:11 pm
Posts: 143
Karma: 0

Location: Bergen, Norway
Strategos wrote:
Now I don't believe in the invisible blue butt monkeys because I do not believe they exist. Neither do I talk about Santa Clause. People tend not to talk about things they don't believe in, yet these athiests do. They can't get enough of trying to prove there is no God.


Well... That's because there is no need to disprove blue butt monkeys or Santa. Have you seen many fanatic nuts raving about "All the evil in this world comes from people who deny the Blue Butt Monkey! The Blue Butt Monkey says sitting on chairs are evil! The Blue Butt Monkey exists and you know it!"? None?

And why do YOU feel about talking about your disbelief in the Blue Butt Monkey? It's because deep in your heart you hear His Name. He is Good and Pure and Humanity itself. See the truth, heathen! Accepting the Blue Butt Monkey is accepting Goodness! If it wasn't for the Blue Butt Monkey your world wouldn't even exist.

How's that? Convinced? No? See why we think you're just annoying?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:21 am 
Offline
P.L. Marshal
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:14 am
Posts: 1065
Karma: 0
lol
the more Strategos argues the more he shows total lack of any education in any field of knowledge be it law, history or anything...
when Artanis spoke about Romans persecuting christians he meant the times of Roman Empire (have you strategos ever heard about such a thing?)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y