Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: tournament game 24918
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:59 am 
I had a tournament game going with tomb (24918) on brimstone. We played for 11 turns and in that time I took one of his 8point countries, and started to bring to bear my 8 points of indemnity and the strike force that earned it against his now isolated 12point. I felt I was poised for a win, as victory over the 12pt would've bolstered forces in a 8pt neutral that'd ground into stalemate which would've linked all my forces together. anyway, the last turn I took was 6 days ago and tomb hasn't played it since. Checking its status on the MAN website now lists it as a draw, and a new tournament game just appeared 3 days ago, also against tomb. I've checked the tournament threads and I didn't notice any complaints about it, and I'm just curious as to why I'm stuck trying to win as FNU again, when we had a perfectly good game going before. I kinda figured it'd show up on the delayed game thread here since he had 6 days, but I guess it must really be listed as a draw (though it says waiting for turn in actual MAN as opposed to the site). I'd appreciate any help that could be given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:00 am 
Tough Nut

forgot to log in again. Sorry for any confusion that caused.

Post subject: Re: tournament game 24918
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:14 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Anonymous wrote:
I had a tournament game going with tomb (24918) on brimstone. We played for 11 turns and in that time I took one of his 8point countries, and started to bring to bear my 8 points of indemnity and the strike force that earned it against his now isolated 12point. I felt I was poised for a win, as victory over the 12pt would've bolstered forces in a 8pt neutral that'd ground into stalemate which would've linked all my forces together. anyway, the last turn I took was 6 days ago and tomb hasn't played it since. Checking its status on the MAN website now lists it as a draw, and a new tournament game just appeared 3 days ago, also against tomb. I've checked the tournament threads and I didn't notice any complaints about it, and I'm just curious as to why I'm stuck trying to win as FNU again, when we had a perfectly good game going before. I kinda figured it'd show up on the delayed game thread here since he had 6 days, but I guess it must really be listed as a draw (though it says waiting for turn in actual MAN as opposed to the site). I'd appreciate any help that could be given.

As far as I know, you should get message in the MAN with question about that game (no one from moderators of this tournament didn't finish this game). Could you send replay of your battle to me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:02 pm 
Tough Nut

Haven't tried attaching a file yet, so lets see if this works.

Attachments:
24918-BRI-TomB-Traj-11.rep [28.14 KiB]
Downloaded 1166 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:22 am 
Sea Wolf

Tiger and I have decided to award this battle to the FNU player for the purposes of the tournament. We feel that the position achieved was unassailable.

Cheers, mwigor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:30 am 
Should I keep playing the other battle (#26769) that popped up? I don't mind finishing it just for the sake of playing it, but if its going to confuse the issue I'll stop. I've been taking turns on it this whole time we've been discussing the this in the forums, so I think we're up to turn 6 at this point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:38 am 
Sea Wolf

It doesn't cause any confusion. We have left it active for you to play if you want.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]