Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:11 pm 
Sea Wolf

GuerrillaZ wrote:
To Roth:
Website says player online even if he's on the website

I think it also shows a player as having been online if somebody times him out. I've noticed that a lot of times when I go on a timeout spree on my mentor account, all those players will then show up in the "recently online" box on the website.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:20 pm 
Tough Nut

interesting. Ok, waiting longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:29 pm 
Sea Wolf

I agree with 3-7 and Norat.... As long as players announce they need time I have no problem waiting. But if time expires and there is no message, then it is fair game to end it. Otherwise stalling/delaying turns would be worse than it already is.

Ok, maybe noone is stalling but it feels like it when you have 12 tourney games and almost all of them have 3 day pauses between turns.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:10 pm 
Sea Wolf

I'm going to chime in agreeing with 37 as well. Sometimes things come up that you simply cannot predict, so if somebody manages to warn us when this happens, then we should respect that fate - not laziness or stupidity - is screwing that player.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:01 am 
Sea Wolf

Mrakobes wrote:
2 moderators
when you announce next tournament in rules first phraze should be written with capitals:
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR COMPUTER|CONNECTION|WORK|JOB|FAMILY
ETC OR ANYTHING YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE TOURNAMENT BECAUSE ALL NORMAL PLAYERS SHOULD NOT SUFFER DUE TO QUITTERS.

If I run any future tourneys the rules will include the following.

If you have problems with being civil towards other people and the fact that they have lives outside of massive assault - then you should not play in this tournament.

Post subject: Scores update
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:03 am 
Sea Wolf

Group 1
GB 7 World 0
Russia 4 World 1
World 5 101 2
Russia 5 GB 4
GB 6.5 101 0.5
Russia 8 101 1

Group 2
Euro1 6 Euro2 4
Pizza 5 Euro1 0
Euro1 3 13 3
USA1 6 Euro1 0
Pizza 7 Euro2 0
Euro2 3 13 2
USA1 9 Euro2 1
Pizza 3 13 0
Pizza 1 USA1 0
USA1 9 13 2

Last edited by mwigor on Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:34 am 
Sea Wolf

mwigor,

such an elegant rule... beautiful :D

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:49 am 
Tough Nut

Please give my turns a bit of time - I recently unsubscribed after paying for this month, wanting to play out this month, but I have been unsubscribed early and am currently listed as a Trial player. Hopefully it'll get sorted asap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:51 am 
Veteran

I'm back, thanks for waiting.
Will do my turns after work ;)

Also, maybe there should be a buffer zone for turns, that you would fill back up by doing turns more quickly.

For example:
3 day turn limit, 3 day buffer.
You are away for a long weekend and do your turn in 5 days => 1 day of buffer left. Then you do your next 2 turns on the same day you get them and you have 3 days of buffer again.

In that way, the whole match would not be delayed more than the length of the buffer zone.

Just an idea...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:02 am 
mwigor wrote:
Mrakobes wrote:
2 moderators
when you announce next tournament in rules first phraze should be written with capitals:
ETC OR ANYTHING YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE TOURNAMENT BECAUSE ALL NORMAL PLAYERS SHOULD NOT SUFFER DUE TO QUITTERS.

If you have problems with being civil towards other people and the fact that they have lives outside of massive assault - then you should not play in this tournament.

rules or the tournament are clear,it s known that turn limit is 3 days, if someone cant do his turn send a message otherwise he run the risk to lose. bye [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:03 am 
mwigor wrote:
Mrakobes wrote:
2 moderators

rules or the tournament are clear,it s known that turn limit is 3 days, if someone cant do his turn send a message otherwise he run the risk to lose. bye [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:34 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi. I'm a little bit lost. It's possible to post a list of players against which we can't finish in time out.

Chikitos till 5th October,
Giuko till unknown...

...for example.

Thanks, Toni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:04 am 
Sea Wolf

Antonio Manero wrote:
Hi. I'm a little bit lost. It's possible to post a list of players against which we can't finish in time out.

Just a suggestion: Wouldn't it be better in general to give your opponents in-game messages when you will be delayed rather than using the forum? I'm not involved in this tournament, but it seems that it would be really tough to keep track of all these delays. Most of the delays do not apply to you as you aren't playing that person, but the ones that do apply to you will be buried in several pages of posts.

Logging into the MAN website gives you easy access to message all your opponents quickly, and can be accessed even if you have problems with the game itself.

EDIT: I suppose it would be good to message the moderators as well, just so they have a record that you needed some extra time.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:13 am 
Sea Wolf

I agree with you Maelstrom. I did it as you say when I was away. I got very nice reply's from my opponents. :D
But I think it should be posted in the forum just to be official.
Bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 am 
Supreme Marshal

Tywer can't play until Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:56 am 
Sea Wolf

Maelstrom wrote:
Antonio Manero wrote:

Just a suggestion: Wouldn't it be better in general to give your opponents in-game messages when you will be delayed rather than using the forum? I'm not involved in this tournament, but it seems that it would be really tough to keep track of all these delays. Most of the delays do not apply to you as you aren't playing that person, but the ones that do apply to you will be buried in several pages of posts.

Logging into the MAN website gives you easy access to message all your opponents quickly, and can be accessed even if you have problems with the game itself.

EDIT: I suppose it would be good to message the moderators as well, just so they have a record that you needed some extra time.

I agree entirely with these thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:03 am 
Veteran

Or the captains can do this - I'm sending all the messages about delayes of our opponents directly to my team mates from games list - it's easy and fast ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

I just thought of a way we could solve the lagging problem, we could just sit at our computers from the time the tournament starts until it is over. You can't get up to use the bathroom or eat or do anything that might distract you from taking a turn, otherwise people might bitch about you taking too long with your turn.

:roll:

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out by now, that whole thing was a joke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:41 pm 
Veteran

Dear Everybody!Personally I fully agree what Mrakobes wrote:WITH CAPITAL LETTERS!Only to make it officially,I'm announcing:My 2 games with Vojvoda_Kebos will end in 2 hours time,if no replay from him I will end it!...and I will no restart it again for third time with him the games,I prefer than to leave the tournament!Rules are rules!Against me everybody can finish games if I pass the time limit for any reason!Time limit it's time limit!
Thanks for Your understanding!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

Brett Shaw wrote:
Dear Everybody!Personally I fully agree what Mrakobes wrote:WITH CAPITAL LETTERS!Only to make it officially,I'm announcing:My 2 games with Vojvoda_Kebos will end in 2 hours time,if no replay from him I will end it!...and I will no restart it again for third time with him the games,I prefer than to leave the tournament!Rules are rules!Against me everybody can finish games if I pass the time limit for any reason!Time limit it's time limit!
Thanks for Your understanding!

Apologies if you aware of this - but the following is from the rules.

All battles have 3 days turn limit. Exceptions will be granted if requested in advance by sending e-mail to tiger@massiveassault.com and Captains of opponent's team.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next