Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:31 am 
Developer

If you want to play Massive Assault with live opponent, please, do not hesitate to challenge MENTORS.
They are always on top of the player list in your Massive Assault software in "Personal Challenge" section.

The aim of the mentors is NOT to defeat you, but to teach you how to play the game, show the tricks and answer your questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 5:30 pm 
Veteran

yeah i played all 3 of u guys and you all whooped me lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 6:54 am 
Conscript

Hi!
I'm looking for a good mentor!!!

who will agree to teach & play with me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 8:14 am 
Developer

you could challenge anyone from mentors :smile:
if you would like to learn something new, than you should have 101 patch of the game with messaging fixes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 2:55 pm 
Levy

Hi all, I've beaten the AI and now started 2 games. Is there a way to communicate within the game yet? How often are turns made usually, for right now I'm doing a turn once a day? Communication would be useful to find out when both opponents can spend some time on the game. An email/icq notification by the game server would also be nice, is something like that implemented yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:50 pm 
Developer

If you have downloaded version 105 you can send/receive ingame messages (press Enter to write a message).
All other multiplayer aspects are ignored for now because of complete redesign of multiplayer communication system.
Generally I have ~20 games with players in different time zones simutaneously and have some new turns every 4-6 hours. If you are tired of waiting for a turn - issue a challenge to one with whom you haven't played before (artmax,vadim,vic are developers). You can brose forums to get an idea of players level. There is a win/loss table also.

BTW: I can perform mentoring functions too - send me a challenge if you wish. But please select a winter map - I've found a very strange bug with naval units that appears only on my computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:23 am 
Levy

Thanks for the info, apparently my speed is normal. I guess I will accept your offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 3:13 am 
Developer

So I've got my problem with transport/city/carrier popup fixed and can continue turns, but now I'm unable to write in-game messages :)

cerberus:
1. NEVER invade a country with 1 scout!!!! - your opponent will get guerilla and your scout will be killed - he gets control of that country immidiately! I could have done so, but
2. NEVER leave bombers in a city alone if your border is not secured - a transoprt has 5mp and can capture your city (and if a transport is placed as guerilla - it can be done immidiately), you loose 3 bombers, get guerilla, and can't get income for 1 turn (you don't control a city) - to prevent this sad outcome leave 1 scout (1 hp is enough) guarding a city.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]