Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:18 am 
P.L. Marshal

i fully agree with Chris Craven above messages
Rotm in general are known to be quite slow and laggy
they cant understand that 3 days is not a normal time it is MAXIMUM time
to finish a 20 turns game within month you have to move at least once a day and 3 days limit means that you are allowed to not make move in 3 days sometimes when you go on holiday or something but it not means you can take 3 days always
if you make one turn in 3 days always you maybe wont finish game in 2 months
the above message of Antonio Maneiro proves that he is no more than a whiney useless lagger...
i hope his brother will go away too
they both are unable to move fast so they have no place in CW
also they seem to be unable to understand english - when opponent adresses them with a kind and gentle reminder asking them to move faster they go mad and crazy and yell that they was "insulted".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:43 am 
Sea Wolf

you aren't helping mrakobes....

I often use up the full 3 days for turns basically because i play about 6 different games and can't do man more often than every couple of days. I also ahve a busy social life and can't spare the time to play every day or sometimes even every other day. (i lost 2 tourney games cause i didn't have time to take turns in them).

If u don't see 3 days per turn as being acceptable then maybe you should start your own wars with shorter limits and stop moaning people who like to take their time to think about moves or are just too busy to play every day

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:02 pm 
Sea Wolf

I do think there is a problem with a 3 day turn limit as Mrak states. Lets look at an extreme example. My longest game was 40 turns, if both sides were to take 1 turn every 3 days the game would take almost 8 months. Kind of puts a wrench in CW, doesn't it? What's the point of the tournament if each battle lasts that long. The battle for one system could last years. Yes this is the extreme case but games averaging 15 turns would take 3 months and a system with multiple battles could still take a year.

But now we are back to the same issue as we have had before, what do we use in place of a 3 day turn limit, 1 day won't work. We need that game clock, but we also know that is not going to happen soon. So really the responsibility goes to the players to make a CW or tournament work.

Those people playing in a CW or Tournament need to understand that those games are the ones that matter, a friendly game can wait. In Orion there are 21 people waiting for each game to complete, in a friendly game there is just 2. I think understanding this is the most important thing in regards to turn limits. If you can only play every 3 days, that is fine, just work with your opponent to take 3 turns every third day.

Can't we all be one big happy family?!?!?!

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:10 pm 
Sea Wolf

If it makes you feel any better, I have implemented a 4-week soft cap on overall time for Orion War games. If your game goes over 4 weeks, you're allowed to submit it for adjudication (this is no guarantee of victory, of course).

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm 
Tough Nut

Mrakobes wrote:
i fully agree with Chris Craven above messages
Rotm in general are known to be quite slow and laggy
they cant understand that 3 days is not a normal time it is MAXIMUM time
to finish a 20 turns game within month you have to move at least once a day and 3 days limit means that you are allowed to not make move in 3 days sometimes when you go on holiday or something but it not means you can take 3 days always
if you make one turn in 3 days always you maybe wont finish game in 2 months
the above message of Antonio Maneiro proves that he is no more than a whiney useless lagger...
i hope his brother will go away too
they both are unable to move fast so they have no place in CW
also they seem to be unable to understand english - when opponent adresses them with a kind and gentle reminder asking them to move faster they go mad and crazy and yell that they was "insulted".

I THINK THAT MRAKOBES TOO MUCH SPEAKS ABOUT THE PLAYERS OF THE OTHER TEAMS WITHOUT TO WATCH IN OWN HOUSE. WE WILL BE ALL HAPPY WHEN HE WILL GO AWAY.
MRAKOBES, SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:50 pm 
P.L. Marshal

lol
you Melkiot relatively fast player though i dont know what you do in RotM :lol:
and i do watch within my house....pity that Demonas cant play anymore.
however when player just can not play at all due to having to go to work trips each week this is understandable
on other side when player lik el diablo is always around,logs in on dayly basis but in same time has problems with sending turns within three days...probably he has some problems with head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:30 pm 
Sea Wolf

Chris is right, friendly games can wait. When a player finally gets some time to sit down and play, he should do the CW games first, then work on other stuff. Look at me, I go to school full time, have an unholy amount of homework to do every week, and work two jobs, and I still manage to get my CW turns sent and clear off my Mentor game list every other day. Unfortunately, this means that the games I want to play get pushed off to the next day, or even two days later. It sucks. I like how Artanis is doing this 4 week thing, that should keep everything moving along semi-smoothly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:44 pm 
Tough Nut

I do not want to extend this argument beyond, I say this: the rules speak about three days turn limit and I will be more or less fast based on the tactics of mine clan. if the rules change I will adapt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:08 pm 
Sea Wolf

Ah, so the truth comes out. The stalling is intentional. Fine that is within the rules. Just don't lie about it.

Art, I think the 4 week rule will help.

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:36 pm 
Tough Nut

I want to specify: I do not believe that this is a not corrected behavior. In a strategy game the management of the time becomes fundamental. If the times are shortened or they put of the limits I am happy, because i like to play. But if there are of the rules I follows these to my advantage.
I hope to have written well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:57 pm 
P.L. Marshal

2 Chis- you ever had any doubts that lagging is intentional? of course it is ..remember my problem with RotM when i was against them in first CW?even then i was wondering how comes that they are always online in MAN chat and sent normal games turns on dayly basis but lag in CW - because they want to stall oponents advance.Btw if they see they can win the system they can play relatively fast but if they see they losing their own planet they will always sent turn after 2 days 23 hours 55 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

Mrakobes, I was more then willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I was pretty darn sure that this is what Antonio was doing.

The battle for system SE1 is a perfect example. Both SWORD(Silicor & Me) & TGE(Mrak & ?) attacked ROTM(Antonio). The 14 turn battle between Mrakobes & Antonio was over in days. The game between Antonio and other TGE player was over in 2 weeks. Both wins for Antonio. The 2 games with Sil & me after 3 weeks were barely at turn 4 or 5. Both Sil & I had the upper advantage. Both of us would recieve turns at 2 days 23.5 hours.

When I beleived that they were stalling I asked Artanis if stalling was within the rules, and it is. It is a legitimate tactic, but just not a very good sportsmen tactic.

Melkiot, do you really want to see the CW go at a snails pace? Do you really think stalling is a good idea? Just because the rules don't say you can't do, doesn't mean you should do it. Stalling causes lots of problems. It causes problems for people like Enforcer who really doesn't get on everyday and play, it makes people irritated.

Can we define the purpose of the 3 day rule? And then all play according to the purpose of the rule? Depending on the purpose of the rule there may be no way to enforce it, and in that case each person will have to rely on their honor to enforce it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:58 pm 
Tough Nut

you say "It is a legitimate tactic" and , repeat, i don't think that this is "not a very good sportsmen tactic".
if we do not want that this happens, simply we must change the rules. (f.e. time limit-1/2 day turn limit etc.)

same you bringings back this famous phrase

Like last thing, I would want to say: stop to the controversies, we are here for fun and for relax, between tournaments, friendly game, clan war, we have many possibilities to play. Moreover the clans war are one left that hard months and the effect time adds one variable strategic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

Incredibly clever Mrakobes, who still knows everithing, and takes to MAN developers and sponsors profit with his comments. Is also this time wrong. As he knows my battles against him and daemonas were played on Crateus. Planet on wich I played 15 battles and become somehow experienced. And I like it too. Therefore was no problem for me to engage in the battle strait. Nevertheless Mrakobes and daemonas didn't frighten me as the SWORD players. The other two battles are on Anubis where I played only one battle against EL DIABLO. No idea about possible strategy to take, therefore I needed time to make my turns. I am also not enough familiar to sea fights. As Tiger can remember, I was taking very slow my turns in the individual tournament on Crateus and in the meantime played some friendly there. The two battles lasted more than twenty turns with me surrendering both, but with plesure and a lot of fun. I don't know if I could accieve to the 10th turn if I'd just played.
I would like to point out one more thing. I played 230 battles on Emerald as Antonio Manero and Quick play, so no problem to play against Conqueror and JOCAMP for the sistem NE2. Where Conqueror was taking his turns every two days and that was cool. But JOCAMP taking turns every 3 days minus some minute. I had the opportunity to finish him on time out but I didn't(same about daemonas). When the battle turned in his advantage he started to send turns in less than one hour after me. In this case is clear tactic and I didn't send him massages to hurry up, while he was lagging, because he has the right to take turns whenever he wants in the three days turn limit. I don't understand very good english, Artanis can confirm ;-), but if this "Both Sil & I had the upper advantage" means that I was in a bad position, is absolutelly wrong. Only if you, as Rocklizard and mwigor, arn't relatives to Nostradamus.
Bye and live and let live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:29 pm 
Sea Wolf

You are right we are here to play MAN and have some fun playing it, so lets have some fun and "PLAY" the game. Lets all agree to stop the stalling(not playing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:13 pm 
P.L. Marshal

Chris you are speaking with deaf people here...they wont listen
since it is obvious will be beaten by Sword in fair fight they are more than willing to exploit any bad sportsman tactics which rules allow to help themselves.
nothing can be done.obviously.
it's pity to see these people use other people who really dont have enough time to make turns dayly like Enforcer to cover their dirty stalling tricks.
nothing can be done - we just wait maybe that 1 month soft cap will affect somehow.

Melkiot - you are only really powerful player in whole orion-RotM - you can play fast and good and i really respected you before you entered the CW as Rotm..just what for you associate yourself with that bunch of laggers?could not you find better clan for yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:25 pm 
Sea Wolf

We can speak a lot about fair-play and Mrakobes. :lol:
Redfox can say something about that. Also Ben can. And EL DIABLO too. Speaking about players. I don't think that MadJazz, Giuko and guderian27 will agree with your comments. I'm afraid that I have to say it again but you really aren't nothing similar to a clever person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:05 pm 
Tough Nut

i think my team is a good team and there is nothing to add.

the only just thing that you have made is the choice of the avatar: extension your personality

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:20 am 
Sea Wolf

First off, I'd like to state that stalling is only technically a legit tactic. None of us like it, and us Mods are trying to think of something - anything - to get rid of it, but until we find a way to force good sportsmanship, there isn't a damned thing we can do besides set a hard limit on turns.

Second, for some reason, MAN will only recognize limits of 1, 3, 7, and 14 days. No matter what we try to set the limit to, it WILL set itself to one of those limits (remember the First War when it was possible to time out a game with an "unlimited" time limit?). Since some people simply cannot play every single day, 365 days per year, 3 is as short as we can make it.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:55 am 
Sea Wolf

i'll ahve to appologise for my earlier post then, i wasn;t aware people were deliberately moving slowly in games they were losing (didn't think anyone would do it) but yea like art says there's nothing we can do about it with the current time restriction we can implement we really need something like a chess clock. As shortening the time limit will mean taht some people will not ben able to play due to them being too busy.

but anyway I'm disappointed that anyone would lag on purpose and would ask people not to. In the end this is a game and the aim is to have fun. The war is just a way to try and add some kind of team play and expand the game beyond it's limitation of being a 2 player game.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next