Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Musings of a wanna-buyer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:03 am 
Veteran

Disclaimer: I'm going to buy this game - I've played the previous MA for a three-digit-amount of hours - I've played the Domination demo and loved it. This post is not meant as a rant, but as feedback to the developers and their publishers so they will know a bit more about how the game appears to us wanna-be end-users.

I'm a veteran of "Massive Assault", and have played it multiplayer and singleplayer for hours on end.

Now I'm happily awaiting the arrival of Domination in my local game store, but to be completely honest there were two major concerns that - if I hadn't been addicted to the MA series already - would have made me avoid this game altogether:

Starforce:
I have met Starforce before and it messes up my drives big time. According to this forum, other game forums, and technical analyses of Starforce, it's not just me who's having problems. I'm definetly not installing that vile software on my poor computer. I hope there will be a crack out when I buy it, or I'll have to let it pass until a crack arrives. :(

Game-stopping bugs:
As a long-time PC gamer, I'm quite used to waiting months for patches so that I can play my games for more than 15 minutes without a reboot. So, this doesn't really bother me that much: If I could buy the game and feel safety knowing that a fix-it-all-patch would be out soon, I would be happy and all would be well. However, the previous "Massive Assault" is still not fixed! :evil: So I don't feel that safety. :(

So, it seems I will have to do a lot of waiting:
1. Waiting for the game to arrive here in Norway.
2. Waiting for a working patch.
3. Waiting for a crack for this patch.
4. Waiting for the bus, wallet in hand. :)