Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to Fix Domination Game Crashes (works great)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:11 pm 
Conscript

My copy of Domination kept giving me the following errors:

mapr
broken game
campaign 11 stuck in endless loop

The installation of the first patch resolved nothing, and I found myself unable to play the game after installing the second patch. I came up with a solution using part of the second patch, but still keeping the game the same version as the first patch.

1. Download and install the second patch (v2.0.136). If you can't find the second patch, you can get it here:

http://www.2404.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1590

2. Now your computer is the running under the second patch. You want to go back to the previous version (without second patch), but keep the benefits of the second patch. What you need to do is go to the directory where Domination is installed and copy the entire campaign folder to another location. It might be located here:

C:\Program Files\DreamCatcher\Domination\scenarios

This is where most of the fixes are located in the second patch. Now once that is done, go ahead and uninstall Domination from your computer and do a fresh install so that the game would go back to it's original state.

3. Install the first patch (v2.0.127) for the game and go back to the folder where campaign is located in the game. The copy of the campaiign folder you made from the second patch... you should replace the one on your computer, overwriting the current files located there.

4. Go to Video Options and choose to run the game from a Window insttead of full screen... and you're done.

This should take care of a lot of game crashes. So far it's worked for me and has allowed me to play and truly enjoy the game again.

NOTE - I have included another solution if you don't want to go thru all the steps I listed above. I will upload a copy of the new campaign folder that you can download and install yourself so you don't have to go thru the trouble of the uninstall & reinstall. Just unzip the folder and replace the one currently on your computer with this one. Don't worry, it's legitimate, with no viruses or anything. Let me know if you have any problems with this solution.

Attachments:
File comment: Replace your campaign folder with this one to resolve your crashes, or just follow the steps I listed above.
campaign.zip [137.17 KiB]
Downloaded 1037 times

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:25 am 
Levy

Brilliant ! Thanks for this, I'll give it a shot right now :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:02 pm 
Conscript

Hello Everyone. It's me again. I just wanted to say that the fix I posted above really does work indeed. I recently was able to complete both the campaign & career modes of the game. Well, not I'm off to bigger & better things. You all take care....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:03 pm 
Conscript

Does the second patch mess things up which is why you run with the first patch?