Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Small Maps Groups Tournament
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:25 pm 
Tough Nut

Hi friends,

The first semifinals group saw Snook taking spectacularly all 6 games and tese with 4 victories... As I said previously on Butterfly initial disposition is very important (more so than almost any other map) and Snook had bit of luck in all games - however his precise and merciless play turned that positional edge into victory every time and that is certainly a performance. Me and Prapor are still battling it out but our score doesn't matter anymore :).

In the second group zxcvcxz managed to secure second place after a double victory against Canya and one against happy. Canya took his revenge on happy with a 2-0 after his double defeat on Crateus in the MMG final round and hence made possible this surprise qualification. RAMBO who is very good in general but particularly deadly on small maps lost only one game to happy, played a very good one with green against our polish competitor in which after a very long and precise defence managed to win in the final couple of rounds of the game - I evaluate their duel as being best game of the round also the only one of 24 games to be played on the whole map; watch it!

Good luck to all finalists - this time is North America vs Europe :D.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

Thanks for your comments, Lord

I just want to remark a single detail......I still have 1 active game vs. Snook.....possibly it would be a defeat but your comment don't let me keep some hope :lol:

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:32 am 
Tough Nut

Good comments. I agree, Butterfly is very much about the initial deployment. I suggest next time either not including it, or putting it as 1st round. As a 3rd round map, all players are skilled enough to extract a huge advantage on any deployment where 3 linked countries battle 3 isolated countries, which happens pretty often. Good luck to the finalists!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:05 pm 
Levy

happygrue wrote:
Good comments. I agree, Butterfly is very much about the initial deployment. I suggest next time either not including it, or putting it as 1st round. As a 3rd round map, all players are skilled enough to extract a huge advantage on any deployment where 3 linked countries battle 3 isolated countries, which happens pretty often.

I totally agree and feel sorry for you mate. You deserve a place in the finals more than me. I was suprised that you lost 2 games vs Canya, but then i checked your setups.. You better don't play gambling games with your luck ;)

Snook592 wrote:
:o Welcome to the party z.

Better late than never.

:D Good to see the Poland flag flying at the finals.

Thank you sir! Hopefully this time our games will last a little longer than ataliman ones ;)

It will be a pleasure and nice experience playing with you guys. Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:42 pm 
Sea Wolf

Small Maps Groups table updated on: April, 30

Attachments:
SMALL MAPS GROUPS_updated.png
SMALL MAPS GROUPS_updated.png [ 227.17 KiB | Viewed 21043 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:59 am 
Sea Wolf

Well, community

Small Maps Groups tournament is finished.

I am not very used to write the nick of this winner here but it has finally happened!! :lol:

Congrats to tese1969 !!!

He is not the best player in the tournament, but a series of events have allowed.

Firstly, the strange disappearance of Snook592 and Rambo 300 in the games of Final. I can promise you that I have nothing to do with it :)

My real opponent in the Final was a good friend, that is improving step by step..... zxcvcxz. He had real chances of win the tournament in the case that Rambo 300 would have played his games. In tie-break game, with me playing red was hard for him play against a better setup in my hand... Anyway, congrats!

In attached image you can see the Final Table of this tournament.

I think that it was really interesting and I am sorry for include "Butterfly" in Semi-Final phase....The most of great favourites had serious problem for play it with poor setups there...

Of course, I am waiting for our "professional" anaylist and his last review of the tournament :wink:

See you in the next tournament!

Attachments:
SMALL MAPS GROUPS_updated.png
SMALL MAPS GROUPS_updated.png [ 227.57 KiB | Viewed 20848 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:13 am 
Tough Nut

A few comments on the final round of the tournament - with Snook's dissapearance round was fought only with 3 gladiators and I must confess Rambo was my bet for the win. He was probably the most experienced and with impressive skill on small maps in particular - initially I put his 4 defeats on his periodic "retreat" but had to reconsider after watching the games - 2 were clear losses, the other 2 probable losses.

Very impressive double victories of both tese and zxcvcxz against our mexican warrior - so final score was actually the "right" one. Tie-break of course is a stroke of luck often enough and it was tese's this time - hat off to both finalists for an impressive overall parcours throughout the competion.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:20 am 
Conscript

Thanks to all the players and moderators as well!!

For me, it was my first experience in playing MAN tournaments and, I hope, a great step in improving my game.
I definitely agitate all the newbies for taking part in all the tournaments if they want to get maximum pleasure of the game playing with the high-skilled players.
Hope also, that the community will continue to progress with the variety of different tournaments organised by our moderators!