Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mentoring
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:50 am 
Sea Wolf

My question is on being a "Mentor". When playing a game as a mentor, are you suppose to try and win or are you suppose to just give some mild compition to the newbee and play badly enought so that they eventually win the game?

Post subject: Re: Mentoring
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:32 pm 
Tough Nut

storm440 wrote:
My question is on being a "Mentor". When playing a game as a mentor, are you suppose to try and win or are you suppose to just give some mild compition to the newbee and play badly enought so that they eventually win the game?

Depends on the opponent, how they play, if its f2f or not. I've played down most of the time. I don't take mentor games serious at all. I do prefer to play them F2F which gives me more of an opportunity to try and offer advice, strategy tips or just talk about the game.

-Brewer

Post subject: mentoring
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:17 pm 
Tough Nut

hey,

i was a mentor on man, for a good long time, i even mentored before i became a mentor, if you are planing on trying your hand at mentoring, i would like to make a few suggestions that might make it easy and fun for you.

1. even turn you move or shoot use the text feature to explain what you are doing and why.

2. try to remember you will more enjoy destroying a player that is armed then one that is ignorant...for example red fox.

3. talk to the other player and if you cant spreken zie english then you might try to learn habla espanol or french...russian...chinese.

4. try to not talk down to the other players. if they didnt want a mentor game they didnt have to sign up for it

5. remember when you have 350 or more players waiting for you to post a turn, try to remember that you actully have 350 other people waiting to destroy you for one little mistake.

6. play all the turns sent ya, if you can post it quick and they go pass timeout, you win.

7. dont time out mentor games, it makes you look silly taking 20 points for nothing.

8. try to remember that when the system admis, tiger victor or others give you mentor status, in a small way you ae given a little power and responsiblity, try to use it wisely...and maybe you wont get banned for life.

9. copy the game to your mem stick and DL to anyone computer you can get near.

10. spread the word, and maybe send about 50 copies of the games to military units in iraq and afgan, while they are waiting to come home.

life, be in it.