Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mac version of MAN2?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:41 pm 
Conscript

Hi:

Any plans on making an Apple version of MAN2? And I'd love for the answer this time to be, you know, truthful. After all, you did promise an Apple version of Domination, and we all know that never happened.

This would be very nice since the only Apple version of your games we ever had was the boxed version of MA, and it has become much less fun since you took down the MA server.

zz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:06 am 
Veteran

Hope this answer will justify your expectations. Wargaming.net, Inc. is not going to make the special Apple version of MAN 2. As for the previous products of MA series - you can file your complaints against Virtual Programming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:33 am 
Conscript

Mike wrote:
Hope this answer will justify your expectations. Wargaming.net, Inc. is not going to make the special Apple version of MAN 2. As for the previous products of MA series - you can file your complaints against Virtual Programming.

No plans for MAN2 on the Mac? That's too bad. =(

I don't understand regarding VP - I assume they were at one point working on Domination. Why did they stop development of it? Surely they would have given you some reason?

There are a number of excellent porting houses to bring PC games to the Mac, but VP isn't one of them. Their first release of MA in the mac was so bad it was nearly unplayable. They did correct many of the problems with a subsequent patch, but many still remain (including bugs long corrected on the PC side of things). They also have the worst customer support of any software company I've ever dealt with, and that extends to all their titles. In the future, I'd highly recommend you not use them for your games - you and your customers deserve better.