Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Congratulations
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:56 pm 
Tough Nut

I wanted to express my warmest congratulations to the development/management team of Massive Assault Network 2.
The brilliant results achieved in the long path coming from the original Massive Assault are under everyone's eyes and this was possible, according to me to very careful and "spot-on" choices.

First of all the choice of distributors: GamersGate is a very visible and powerful network with secure payment methods and instant downloads. Hundreds of thousands of players can see the game being sold at GamersGate and i was one of them but an in-house selling system with membership purchases going straight to the house was another brilliant choice.

Secondly, the willing choice to build a ranking system around this game was another very good hit. You can play as a pbem or live vs a decent AI (remember, it's easy to make a challenging game if the AI cheats but in Man2 it just can't!) or human players and there's always opponents around, mostly polite, friendly and respectful of their opponent. I can only begin to imagine the costs of running the ranking system through house-made network, the moves, the tournaments and all the technical, professional, volounteering work involved (i have personal experience with the ranking systems of America's Army Ops and Battlefield 2).

All of this spawned an active community, mapmakers and a big curiosity around the original concepts of the game, so successful and yet so much bettered in this latest version.

My very best compliments to all the people involved in this project. I am happy i bought the game, happier i bought the lifetime membership, happiest in being part, for my limited part, of the history of this project which, i am sure, will give us all great surprises in the near future. I can't wait to see what's happening next.

How to further polish this game?
I don't know...a "buddy" button in the chat contact list?
Multiple colors for the 2 factions and a separate set of rules for battles with more than just 2 opponents?
Gambling chances with secret agents you buy with $ and if you win the gamble you can sabotage units or steal treasury from the enemy?
SDK release to allow community modders to submit 3d unit models to implement and officialize?

I don't know, it all seems so nice already... what i do know is that I'll be there and will enjoy it...a lot when the future becomes the present...whatever it will be.

Upward and onward! :)