Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MA Collection is now on Steam(with ridiculous prices)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:30 am 
Conscript

Hello MA, MA:PR, MAN 2 community.
You already probably know, that MA Collection is now available on Steam(I didn't find any information about this on wargaming.net's site or forums btw).
That's awesome, but the prices for 2003(!), 2005(!), 2006(!) years games are just abnormal. In fact, they are the same, when the games were just released(for both America and Europe). You don't find such expensive old games on Steam, because that's not how Steam works. If wargaming.net wanted to collect more players from Steam's community, then please think about promoting your games. Most of steam players don't even know, that MAN 2 is only game with online mode. But most importantly, the current prices just don't fit to the current situation. Steam offers several games each week with Deals Offs from 50% to 75%, and these games are commonly not so new anymore, so that's why developers are saying to Steam to do Deal Off. (for example, at this week, there are plenty of games, which are 50% off till end of week, and also this week, full collection of Overlord games costs only 8,75$/8,75€, while original price is 34,99$/34,99€(75% deal off)).

Here is current discussion about prices in steam forums:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1013998

I suggest to contact Steam and do a Deal Off for a limited time(week-end, weekly deal, mid-week).
And after that, believe me, many users will thank you for opening their eyes before MA Series(because they definitely buy and try it).

(also, why any of MA steam games don't have "Official Demo", while they exist? Demo of MAN 2 would really help to get more players and subscribers...)

Best Regards, Morshu.

Post subject: Re: MA Collection is now on Steam(with ridiculous prices)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:44 am 
Veteran

Hi Morshu,

Many thanks for your comments.

The games of MA series has just landed on Steam, and this information is available on our corporate web-site in "News" section here: http://www.wargaming.net/news.php

Steam often reduces the prices for the games, and they will also provide discounts for MA games very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:48 am 
Conscript

Thank you for your reply and also looking forward to join MA community.

Quote:
this information is available on our corporate web-site in "News" section here

Silly me. :oops: I thought MAN2's site is also developers page)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:02 am 
Developer

Hello,

I just wanted to update you that MAN2 demo will appear on Steam this week.

I agree that MA and MAPR are priced high and we will try to negotiate some deal on Steam for them (like get 2 games for the price of 1).

As for MAN2, this game is multiplayer-oriented and has no monthly subscription fee like others. Actually, we used to charge players $6.95 when it was Massive Assault Network 1 - but MANY subscribers were not happy with that and we followed their suggestion to go with 1 price for lifetime membership. Unlike other games, this one is being supported and actively developed - so paying that $40 you can play as long as you want with other online players and take part in any running tournaments (sometimes they have real prizes). So if you like the gameplay and want more of it - go ahead and buy the full lifetime subscription. After all, it is a WAY much cheaper than what you need to pay to be successful in the most Free2Play MMO games.

Have fun!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:21 am 
Conscript

Thanks for reply Nick_WN, but I have some comments about this.

You can't ignore the fact, that MA and MA:PR can be avoid of purchasing at all, no matter how cheap you will put them, because these games can be pirated. As for MAN 2, that can't be done, and that's what makes this multiplayer game unique. You need 100% buy this game in order to play in full strength.

Now about MAN 2, current price is acceptable for hard core fans, who really want it, but as for Steam...it's another case.
MAN 2 is a new game to Steam Community and a lot of players(who plays anything) don't know this game, so they are afraid to buy game for such price and besides, why they should buy life-time membership if they didn't even tried the flow of this game or maybe they will buy it and after that they will state, that they don't like it.

About trial of MAN 2, if you put it in Steam as Demo(which is good), how steam community will know, that this Demo is online playable(not to mention, that in MAN 2's info is writen "Single player, Multi player", which means Demo has to be Single player only, like stardart Demos are)?

And last thing about trial of MAN 2 for new people from Steam, who want to try this game.
So, the player decided to install Demo and try MAN 2, ok. No Single-player? Only create a profile(Alias) option? Ok. He creates alias, enters server and then. He sees, that he can play versus AIs which is weird because you can do it in MA and MA:PR as weel; "Online players" tab is empty(it's always empty for Trials, you can see rarely 1 challenge there); "Players who want to play with you" tab is empty as well(it's sometimes have few challenges, but none of them are active, no opponent responce); "Offline players" tab have several games...hm..why should I play with offline if them are offline?.hmm..Ok. Player decided to start a few Offline games...so now what? Visit chat? "Common" channel is inactive unlike "Common(RU)", so you won't get a proper quickly responce there too. What to do?...Agrr...Dump this game...Player leaves...forever.

Any thoughts about it?

Also, I've noticed, that plenty of trial player don't know about private chat, they just don't notice it or something, it's kinda annoying(

Anyway, my goal of this thread is to find solutions to get more players into your community and temporal discount of MAN 2 was one of them.

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:35 pm 
Conscript

I see you guys added Demo of MAN 2 in Steam.
But unfortunately, it doesn't install. Nothing happens when click "Install".
Now Steam community will simply ignore this game after all this(
Very sad..((

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:04 pm 
Developer

Well, it is being added by Steam guys and we reported them this issue.
Hopefully they will fix it soon.