All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:04 pm 
Sea Wolf

No dat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

No you can't. You can see units driving onto the platform, at the back there's a "loading bridge" that comes down. (Don't know the exact word)
It's not like units jump on to the platfrom :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:38 pm 
Sea Wolf

However all other transports(sea and land) can load/unload direct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:49 pm 
Veteran

Bokkie wrote:
No you can't. You can see units driving onto the platform, at the back there's a "loading bridge" that comes down. (Don't know the exact word)

Ehm yes but I was talking about the heli, and it lowers the units vertically. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:23 pm 
Sea Wolf

Ah so....You will see for yourself that copters never load/unload direct(except to the ground).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:38 am 
Sea Wolf

Tryptamon wrote:
Bokkie wrote:

Ehm yes but I was talking about the heli, and it lowers the units vertically. 8)

Ah yes, I can see why it should be possible to drop it onto the platform that way. On the other hand, imagine the platform having side tracks were the weels of the unit wich wants to go onto the platform have to fit in, and so being pulled onto the platform. Now it's impossible to load it vertical..

I think it's a good balance that copters can 't load/unload into other transport things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:01 am 
Levy

I think bullfrogs are mighty. I use them to make damage in my main battles, but only in combination with many other troops. I often have to "push back" the enemys front to invade his country or to clean mine, having a bullfrog in the second line of my front makes this much faster.

Seldom I use a bullfrog alone, or buy it in the first turn - because I think it has some weak attributes, too.

Its expensive and not transportable. Because its expensive, its less movable then the troops I could buy instead of the bullfrog. More troops can better react on enemy movement.

On hard passable terrain like junlge, they even loose their movement. I prefer units with 1 movementpoint there.

When I have to fight against a bullfrog, I try to destroy it in one turn - or leave him unharmed this round, to concentrate fire next round on him. I believe its better to destroy the cheaper units around him when I cant destroy him directly.

If the enemies bullfrog cannot fire on me I use every possibility to lower his HPs, making it easier to destroy him in one turn.

If its somehow possible I try to set the enemies bullfrog into "offside". If the bullfrog cannot fire its like a little victory, because enemies invested money is forced to do nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:50 am 
Along a coast, Bullfrogs are deadly, as they can only be transported by sea transport, and can load and unload, to deal out some hurt!