Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:10 pm 
Veteran

I happand to agree here guys i bought MA, I cant even play the one player cause it keeps telling me my game is broken i can play maybe 2 turns in evry campagin before it says that i also was a subscriber for MAN1 for about 6 months during those months we got 1 more map (trinity) then i went to prison for a year thinking about MAN almost the whole time (now if that isnt a fan than i don't know what is) i come out then MAN2 wants a 3995 lifetime fee what until you guys make a new version i just got out of prison and cant afford that but would love to be active again WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DURING TO MY FAVORATE GAME!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:05 am 
Veteran

After ca 40 games, none of these have "broke". It seems this is the first version of the game that truly works.

MAN2 is still BETA, maybe you should hold your horses until the retail arrives or what? The devs need feedback, but probably not the flaming ;) You gotta remember this is a small company, not EA right?

Regarding Starforce, the devs didn't put it in the game, the publishers did! I think the reason you only can play online is that it is the best and easiest way to avoid piracy and therefore Starforce :)

Also, regarding AI play; you can have it if you go online.

When it comes to the lifetime fee; if ya can't afford lifetime fee then how can you afford paying up every month? (If that option was choosed instead)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:11 am 
Sea Wolf

TheDS wrote:
I am immediately greeted by an interface that accuses me of spamming, and NO ONE ELSE on the list says anything. There were a couple people asking for a game and I responded that I'd be willing to play a quick one, and that was immediately followed by silence.

On the spamming you're absolutely right, that needs a fix asap.
There is a topic on this subject already.
No one speaking? Perhaps a lot of people are talking in a private channel while playing a game, so they can't see what you're typing in general chat.
People asking for a game and when you want to play them, they just don't answer? Well, when you log on to MAN2, the last 3 or 4 lines from the general chat will show up, even when the people who typed it are disconected already. If you see a player asking for a game, check if he/she's still online, and maybe talk in a private chat..

TheDS wrote:
So now I see MAN2 is bypassing the idiocy of the previous distributors ad doing things direct. Excellent idea. No stupid starfarce, and updates should be regular, right? And all at a reasonable, fixed price that would allow me to play online if I ever wanted to. But then you have to screw it up and eliminate the AI option entirely, forcing people to rely on... OTHER PEOPLE, who have little personal stake in the game and don't feel they even need to respond to newbies

Hu? Eliminate AI option? I can play against AI on every map, you should be able too (allthough just the 4 demo maps)
I'm (a bit less now :)) a newbie myself, but I founded enough people willing to show me how MAN2 worked, even starting games and giving advice while playing! Not everyone is that friendly ofcourse, but there are enough people who are really kind!

TheDS wrote:
I don't have the time or ability to connect to the internet on a regular basis even for important things, nevermind just to play a game

Well, the game seems to be ment to play online.. Although you can just connect to the server, get your games and go offline to play your rounds..
When all games played, you connect one time again to send in your games and done. If you don't have the ability to connect to the internet then you can't play this game.

TheDS wrote:
I was quite willing to pay the entry fee, maybe even before I could find out that the game would be supported for real this time, but I'm not paying for things I can't even use.
Please tell me there's going to be an off-line mode that doesn't require the internet at all! Please tell me that the spam filters were just set a bit too aggressively and have been fixed.

For now there is no way to not connect to the internet and play the game.
I don't know for sure, but as I read in the interview, MAN2 will get to the stores someday, maybe then there will be a offline mode.
Seems silly to pay the entry fee when you can't connect to the internet, in that case you should better wait until the game gets offline mode (like I said, I don't know if that's gonna be the case)

Beerthirty wrote:
I come out then MAN2 wants a 39.95 lifetime fee. I cant afford that but would love to be active again WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DURING TO MY FAVORATE GAME!!!!!!!

I suppose you know that you can play unregistered? Not the full game though.. but enough to keep you warm :)