Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Don't like win/lose during turn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:52 pm 
Tough Nut

Hi to everybody.

I've just switched from MA boxed to MAN 2.
After a couple of game against the AI, I started my first game against a real player.

As you can see in the replay, I lost in the second round, because DURING the turn I left a country to the opponent.
It was only a temporary move, using the transport to bring my 2 tanks in my country, destroy the opponent tank (so regaining my leadership on the country) and then leaving the transport in the other country.
In this way I would have regained leadership on my country, and in 2 rounds gain the other country.

Now that I learned in the hard way that it's possible to win or lose during the round, I can say that I don't like winning or losing during the round.
It completely destroy the planning and the undo of this game.

In my example, I could have taken one tank at a time, leaving always something in the other country.

So, if you decide to keep winning/losing DURING the round instead at the END of the round, at least put an UNDO option.
A message like "attention, in this way you will lose, ok or undo?"

I just lost without warning. :(

Thanks for listening, and bye.

--
Marco

Attachments:
File comment: This is the replay.
29611-MIC-mds(L)-kliziflip(W)-3.rep [4.43 KiB]
Downloaded 1191 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:36 pm 
Conscript

I watched the replay. I take it the "Defeat" box just popped up not allowing you to continue your turn. Yeah, I'd be a bit upset too.

Post subject: Re: Don't like win/lose during turn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:50 pm 
Conscript

mds wrote:
Hi to everybody.

After a couple of game against the AI, I started my first game against a real player.

As you can see in the replay, I lost in the second round, because DURING the turn I left a country to the opponent.
It was only a temporary move, using the transport to bring my 2 tanks in my country, destroy the opponent tank (so regaining my leadership on the country) and then leaving the transport in the other country.
In this way I would have regained leadership on my country, and in 2 rounds gain the other country.

Now that I learned in the hard way that it's possible to win or lose during the round, I can say that I don't like winning or losing during the round.

In my example, I could have taken one tank at a time, leaving always something in the other country.

So, if you decide to keep winning/losing DURING the round instead at the END of the round, at least put an UNDO option.

--
Marco

Damn dude, your right. They need to fix that.

Hope one of the Game makers is reading this. Anyways, till then, make sure you check EVERYTHING out before moving ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:47 am 
Sea Wolf

Thanks for this comment, our programmers put it on the list to be viewed and corrected in the next patch.

Post subject: Re: Don't like win/lose during turn
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:59 pm 
Tough Nut

mds wrote:
Hi to everybody.

--
Marco

haha, dude it was so perfectly planed, but yeah it happened to me once 2, yep, you lost it big time, maybe you got that it is not pretty good to chalenge me if you arenґt very good or a lucksack.

:)

but yeah that should be repaired in the next patch.