Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Career history
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:56 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi,
what about my (ours) career, laboriously gained with MAN???

Could I think to see it assigned in the final version of MAN2 or should I start climbing again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:06 pm 
Developer

We will definetely keep all MAN stuff regarding rank and stats gained in numerous battles. There are some technical difficulties (MAN2 has Glicko while MAN doesn't) but we hope to solve them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:52 am 
Sea Wolf

While you can feel free to keep all of the old stats, I would suggest that they have no effect on the new MAN2 ranking and be listed as nothing other than a side bar to give potential opponents the true backgound of anyone that they are going to play. When I first joined MAN2 i was somewhat disapointed that my rank and stats did not transfer over to the new game from MAN but after reflection I have cone to see that It was in everyones best interest to have the slate wiped clean so that we all started from the same point. A new game, a new begining for all, let the old stats have no bearing on the new.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:15 pm 
Sea Wolf

storm440 wrote:
While you can feel free to keep all of the old stats, I would suggest that they have no effect on the new MAN2 ranking and be listed as nothing other than a side bar to give potential opponents the true backgound of anyone that they are going to play. When I first joined MAN2 i was somewhat disapointed that my rank and stats did not transfer over to the new game from MAN but after reflection I have cone to see that It was in everyones best interest to have the slate wiped clean so that we all started from the same point. A new game, a new begining for all, let the old stats have no bearing on the new.

mmmh...In this case I think that should be right to start from the same point only with the final version of MAN2.