Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New "Demo" settings not atractive imho
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:26 am 
Sea Wolf

I think that it isn't a good thing you've changed the unit settings to the "demo" settings..

One thing that convinced me in buying the game was the difference of troops, some air, some naval, some land and combining all that.

Now with the demo unit there aren't naval units available, how the hell should new players get to know the feeling of this troops? Or how do they even know that there are naval troops? Yes I know the info tells you this, but I'm pretty sure that more then 50% of new players are missing this info, and play a "dumb" game... "Yeah there is water, but no ships, what a stupid game .. <uninstall>"

Just my opinion ofcourse, I'm still trying to convince as many people as possible to play & buy the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:20 am 
Developer

Actually, it is normal to have some gameplay limits in game.
While the Demo period is unlimited, we need to get some restrictions on demo version - since people were buying game reluctantly during beta phase as they had lots of units and 3 planets to play on.

Those who take a while to find out more info about the game and have a look at "Units" section on website will easily discover extra units. Moreover, units are makred as N/A to Demo players - so they always see them in game.

I think it will work better and people will have more reasons to buy the game after release.

Quite another opinion on this:
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26928

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:28 am 
Tough Nut

I would restrict some units too, but not that many of them!
At least some smaller Water or Air units would be good to show the trial player how nice it is to play with them. A friend of mine really loved the battle-copters in the demo and now bought the full game.

And another thing: with all those restrictions and being able to play only one map, imho its really time to get rid of this dumb watermark, which in any case makes the overall playing experience worse, instead of showing that the game is worth purchasing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:26 pm 
Developer

Captain X wrote:
And another thing: with all those restrictions and being able to play only one map, imho its really time to get rid of this dumb watermark, which in any case makes the overall playing experience worse, instead of showing that the game is worth purchasing it.

Will think of it - and most likely we will remove this by the release of public demo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:20 pm 
Sea Wolf

Nick_WN wrote:
Actually, it is normal to have some gameplay limits in game.

Those who take a while to find out more info about the game and have a look at "Units" section on website will easily discover extra units. Moreover, units are makred as N/A to Demo players - so they always see them in game.

I think it will work better and people will have more reasons to buy the game after release.

Ofcourse it's normal to have limits in a demo, I always hated the "saving disabled" restriction.. Ofcourse this can't be done here :D One of the reasons I buyed the game was because I wanted equal troops on both sides.. (extended units) because I was able to test ALL units.
Playing with a unit or reading about it is something totally different, it was untill I saw some people making great moves with other units I tried those units myself.

I still believe it would be better to have maybe only the V6 map, but all, or at least more units..

Anyhow, good luck with the sales! (not ment to be sarcastic, just a wish)