Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Instant Victory
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:12 am 
Sea Wolf

Will the declaration of Victory be instant? It was in a game I just played. (I didn't have to wait 'til end of my turn) If that is new feature, then totally thumbs up to it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:25 pm 
Sea Wolf

yes, in MAN2 as soon as you hit 100% it is over.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:07 pm 
Sea Wolf

you mention 100%. In the old game when you hit 66% you were declared the victor as the turn was ended. I have not played a game where i "forced " the outcome so i was wondering if the % required for victory had changed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:17 pm 
Tough Nut

Yeah so far victory is always instant. One thing you can do, to end a game quickly, is once you have things in hand, you can invade numerous countries in your final turn, just enough to hit 100%, and end the game.

An opponant can be sitting in 2 or 3 well fortified allies, with lots of units and unraised guerilla, and if you control the rest of the map, all you have to do is put a single unit into each country, using transpots, choppers, or amphibs, and you win immediatly. Nevermind about his guerrilla or anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:57 pm 
Sea Wolf

The guidelines of that "Percentage Victory" are unclear to me.
In MAN1 , it could only happen after five turns, maybe more, and wouldn't work before that number of turns had transpired.
Maybe if Tiger is reading he would clarify the situation, esp. as in MAN2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:00 pm 
Sea Wolf

In MAN you could not win untill after the 3rd turn and the percentage was 300% and you would have to end your turn for you to get the win. In MAN2 I don't know if there is a turn limit to get the win. As soon as you reach 100% the game ends, no waiting until you end the phase.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:03 pm 
Sea Wolf

thanks for the info. when i mentioned the 66% i ment that you had to have 2/3 rd of the map to the 1/3 of your opponent. Your discription was more accurate of what happened in game play--the winner going to 300 and the loser going to 33. Is the % scale the same for both games? I have noticed that the scoring is somewhat different since your % does not increace when you capture the capital as it did in MAN. When you hit 100% does that equal out to you controling twice the country value as your opponent?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:05 pm 
Tough Nut

I think 100% is 4 time what your opponant has.

Same amount, 0%, twice what he has = 50% (at this point you pretty well have it won) and 100% is 4 times the opponant, say 8 to his 2.

Also it seems invasions are very simplistic: as long as at least one of each side is in a country, it is split 50/50.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:13 am 
Sea Wolf

Has anyone experienced the "Blitz Victory"(percentage win) in MAN2?....
Just curious if it is set up same as MAN1....
BTW....WTF is up with all the seemingly senseless cursing in usernames and challenges, chats?....I'm no prude, but just wondered....Personally, (really?) all language has purpose like tools but when tools are totally abused....they end up broken (huh?)....symptoms of sickness...When Freedom is abused/ misused then slavery is the eventual outcome. Too bad to see it happening like a rockslide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:37 am 
Tough Nut

Rextrent wrote:
Has anyone experienced the "Blitz Victory"(percentage win) in MAN2?....
Just curious if it is set up same as MAN1....
BTW....WTF is up with all the seemingly senseless cursing in usernames and challenges, chats?....I'm no prude, but just wondered....Personally, (really?) all language has purpose like tools but when tools are totally abused....they end up broken (huh?)....symptoms of sickness...When Freedom is abused/ misused then slavery is the eventual outcome. Too bad to see it happening like a rockslide.

I'm not familiar with this "Blitz Victory"... what is that??? (is that what happen when you play the AI??)

I know what you mean about language... The other day I'm online in MAN2 and some guys is saying stuff like: "Hwy s**ts.. Any pu**ies want to get owned... any m***er f***ers want to get their a**es kicked..." etc. I'm wondering if they actually think that makes people want to play them???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:07 pm 
Sea Wolf

Interesting what people(including myself) will write in these long-distance messages. It is Integrity which is being washed away because of extreme liberalism,etc. I've been a freedom-abuser myself, so I'm not looking down on anyone, just trying to suggest a healthier way. Schools are teaching lies and half-truths and 95% liberal political agendas(End of sermon).
"Blitz Victory" is my label for the victory method following, which you probably already know about: After turn 3, a player can move into undisclosed and neutral countries to achieve 300% or more and have instant victory. I'm still unsure about MAN2 in regards to this. Seems like an appropriate thing to call it, but I stand to be corrected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:32 pm 
Tough Nut

Acording to my math above this seems like it may be possible... it would require in the first 3 turns: Invading all 3 disclosed opponant countries, plus 3 nuetral countries, while not being invaded yourself. Alternatly invade all 3, plus 1 nuetral conqured and another invaded. The real trick would be, simply invade all 3 disclosed enemy countries, and conquer one of them!

On the O/T part of your post, I'm not sure about 95%, but I tend to agree with you on the liberalism thing. To me it ends up being such a strange mix of beliefs. There seems to be so little concern about government excesses, inordinate devotion to minority rights on some issues, and yet basic support of mob rule on many issues. I sure could go on, but I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:02 pm 
Sea Wolf

Very enjoyable response...The truth doesn't always make for popularity...But the media power is nearly unbeatable, and it's message is clear(Not one of integrity). It is a responsibility to try ...but, then it is time to put on the keyboard-gloves and kick the Massive Assault hiney!
Hellfire!...
Maybe El Tigre will give us an answer regarding the Blitz....????.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:32 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Sorry, but I don't understand what is question?
In MAN2 you can win faster by using invasion in opponent's country, but you can't use 'transport trick" like in the first MAN. Invasion in neutral country don't increase your advantage until you don't destroy guerilla.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:56 pm 
Tough Nut

Ah yes, my math was wrong. Invaded neutral country = split balance.

Rextrent, the invasion trick won't work on neutral countries... so the only way you could win in 3 turns is Plan C... Invade all the opposing countries, capture one of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

Okay...
Yes Tiger, you answered the question...transport invasions(resulting in 300%) won't work because guerillas must be conquered first?....Not like MAN1....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

Rex, in man, if you invaded and did not take the capital, your % went down, If you invaded and took the capital your % went up which, if you invaded enought in one turn, enabeled you to push past 300 % and force the win. In man2, when you invade the % does not go up if you take the capital and does not go down if you do not so you can no longer use this tatic to gain a victory. Was great fun while it lasted :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:52 pm 
Sea Wolf

It was often a helpful and pleasant way to end a WWI-style slugfest...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:07 pm 
Tough Nut

WWI style is right. I mainly played the Massive Assault demo, and that didn't even have Naval Transports. Every battle was border/trench warfare, often till one side of the respective border ran out of money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:00 am 
Supreme Marshal

Rextrent wrote:
Okay...
Yes Tiger, you answered the question...transport invasions(resulting in 300%) won't work because guerillas must be conquered first?....Not like MAN1....

Moreover, if you attack neutral country, balance will be decreased for your side until you don't destroy guerilla and all other enemy units in this country and establish control over capitol.