Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Suggest draw option
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:45 am 
Sea Wolf

Question: Is there any effect in general (about points gained/lost, ranking etc...) if I accept the"suggest-draw" option, from my opponent?

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Suggest draw option
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:14 pm 
Supreme Marshal

guderian27 wrote:
Question: Is there any effect in general (about points gained/lost, ranking etc...) if I accept the"suggest-draw" option, from my opponent?

thanks in advance

Yes, you'll get some points in the new rating, and you can get or lost (if your opponent has lower rating) points in the Glicko.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:07 pm 
Sea Wolf

if your opponent is as little as 15 spots below you in the ranking (skill wise) you will lose almost as much as you would have if you had actually lost the game. Unless you think you actually have a good chance to lose it is usually NOT a good idea for you to accept a draw from a lower ranked player.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:21 am 
Sea Wolf

storm440 wrote:
if your opponent is as little as 15 spots below you in the ranking (skill wise) you will lose almost as much as you would have if you had actually lost the game. Unless you think you actually have a good chance to lose it is usually NOT a good idea for you to accept a draw from a lower ranked player.

Well, I’ll try to explain the situation.
Since the beginning the battle was very hard for me because of a very bad starting position.
It was obviously clear that I had to define a defensive strategy direct to contain casualties and, at the same time, to try to anticipate and neutralize the opponent’s movements who had control of many countries.
I can say that this extremely defensive management was really a success at the end, seeing that the final victory become impossible for me.
Nevertheless I had to look for a draw and to lead my opponent into conviction that this solution was the best for him too. So it was, at the end!

One more factor I had to consider: the effects of draw in relation with the ranking position of my opponent (about 10/12 lower than me).
Under this point it could be advisable to have, for the future, a system able to estimate all points gained/lost, glicko etc. before of the eventual acceptation of the players.

Finally, I can say that, to accept a draw with a player lower than me on a medium size planet (Eden), allows to gain 55 points about the ordinary career instead of 6 point lost, regarding skill-based system or else about ј points in case of my defeat.

According this, you decide if it was a good idea to accept a draw, or not. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:09 pm 
Sea Wolf

Since you noted in your reply--victory was impossible for you-- the draw was a good choice for you --but perhaps not so good of a choice for your opponent :wink: