Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: man2.exe has encountered a problem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:44 pm 
Tough Nut

What a big surprise. I'm so sick of this. Can't even play a minimal game against AI. Is my PC so far outdated?

P4 2.6, 512mb, sound blaster pro, ATI 9800 pro.

It's really no wonder one of the coolest games on the net has 20 real players. This absolutely sucks.

I apologize for the inconvenience, just like the error says.

Signing off. What a waste of a lifetime membership. I want my money back.

-Brewer

Last edited by Brewer on Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:34 am 
Developer

Hello,

You've been playing the game for more then 1 year and now you're saying this....

I could consider returning some part of money, but consideing we were charging $6.95 per month for MAN, you have got much more value than $40 for the time you've been playing.

Moreover, EULA says (and you accepted it upon install of the software):

WN does not warrant or guarantee that the functions or services performed by WN will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Software and the WN services will be corrected.

I'd recommend you to check your software. Apparently there're some video-card driver problems, installing the original drivers may resolve problem. Then try re-installing the game and restoring profile.

I've played the game under almost all the Nvidia cards and had no problems like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:40 pm 
Tough Nut

Nick_WN wrote:
Hello,

You've been playing the game for more then 1 year and now you're saying this....

I could consider returning some part of money, but consideing we were charging $6.95 per month for MAN, you have got much more value than $40 for the time you've been playing.

Moreover, EULA says (and you accepted it upon install of the software):

WN does not warrant or guarantee that the functions or services performed by WN will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the Software and the WN services will be corrected.

I'd recommend you to check your software. Apparently there're some video-card driver problems, installing the original drivers may resolve problem. Then try re-installing the game and restoring profile.

I've played the game under almost all the Nvidia cards and had no problems like that.

Hi Nick,

I've been far more polite in the past, and I've had my share of issues that have been resolved. I was unable to play for a long time, and have been playing again for less than a week. I've started ~6 games, 2 of which cause an instant man2.exe error. I'm frustrated. I cannot play against people for fear that 30% of my games will be broken.

So yes, I've been a lifetime member for over a year, but have been actively play a few days. I'm sure you could tell from the logs if you had looked.

I don't actually want a refund. That was frustration on my part. Please accept my sincere apology for the rant/profanity.

How do you know there is a video card problem? I've got the same drivers I initially played MAN2 with. I have the same PC. I've sent in 10's of bugreport.exe's in the past, and the only suggestion I ever got from MAN2 support was to increase my pagefile to 4gb. On a 512mb box, MS recommends 756mb (which is 1.5 physical).... why do I need 8x?

Are you seeing something in the 2 AI games I've got now that indicate a video problem?

The only difference on this box is the updated MS high priority patches, and the latest MAN2 patch from my original setup (which worked).

Last edited by Brewer on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:20 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Hello,

You can try to download and re-install MAN2 and restore your profile.
Sometimes I've problem with broken games, but always I can fix it by this way.
Links you can find here:
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22199

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:15 pm 
Tough Nut

Tiger wrote:
Hello,

You can try to download and re-install MAN2 and restore your profile.
Sometimes I've problem with broken games, but always I can fix it by this way.
Links you can find here:
http://massiveassault.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22199

Hi Tiger,

Do you think WoW, or Unreal Tournament players would accept reinstalling the software as a standard fix?

I'll try it, again. I was able to play one of my games for about an hour this afternoon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:56 pm 
Tough Nut

I reduced the video defaults to low/med, and a much lower resolution. It's far more playable, and hasn't crashed so far. Hopefully I won't need a reinstall, but I'll keep that in mind if it continues, before blowing up.

Thanks for the advice, and attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:38 am 
Developer

Pliz, send me log when it craches :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:44 pm 
Veteran

Slice it anyway you want 512MB RAM with XP is barely enough to run the OS much less a heavy game like Man2. Bump it up to at least a gig and you will not regret it. 512 May get you started and play for awhile but the second XP, or whatever, wants to do something in the background your game goes mammaries up, guaranteed.

FYI 32 bit OS will not be able to see/use more than 3 - 3 1/2 Gigs of Ram, 64 bit sees up to 8 Gigs.