Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I can't get out of trial mode
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:28 pm 
Hello,

I also purchased the lifetime membership and downloaded the map pack. The game works fine but I cannot get out of trial mode. Please help.

Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:35 am 
Developer

Hello Daniel,

You're still trial because you have not applied activation code you got by e-mail along with instructions on Map pack.

Please launch MAN2, go to Internet Play and connect under your alias to game server. In "My profile" section enter activation code, - then you shall become registered player.

Kind Regards,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:03 pm 
Tough Nut

And incase you did same mistake as most of us, make sure that the path is right when you installed the maps, its default path is for MAN1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:59 pm 
Sea Wolf

I also can not get out of trial mode. I have all of the maps in the right folder and i have activated the game but the game still has most of the maps crossed out with the "not available in trial mode" message. I thought that perhaps i did not activate correctly so i tried to do it again but it gives me the message that my activation code has already been used. What can i do now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:46 am 
Developer

Hello storm440,

Artmax will try to catch you in MAN2 chat later today to see exactly what happenned. Hope you'll be around.

Regards,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:12 am 
Sea Wolf

I made contact with artmax and the problem is now fixed. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:49 am 
Sea Wolf

I might be having the same problem as Storm 440. It says I have the "registered" version correctly, but still has most of the maps crossed out as "trial version only." (I created my name as "Placid" again.) What is the solution?

Looking forward to playing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:58 am 
Sea Wolf

it turned out that my scenarios files did not change from the trial version. Support sent me out a new set of files and now i can play all maps. But while that solved that problem, it seemed to creat another. After i installed the new files i can no longer challange any of the trial players or the ai players. While i would have perfered to play a game or two on the maps i have never played against the ai, it is not really a big deal for me.
If you would like, I will forward you the scenario pack they sent me, just send me your email by the private post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:44 pm 
Sea Wolf

Well, I talked to Artmax, and ended up re-downloading the latest beta version from scratch, and then installing the MAN 2 map pack. I restored my profile, but same thing: it says registered version, but only trial maps are available.

So I look into my MAN 2 folder, and it reveals that the 4 trial maps are loose in the MAN 2 folder, while the rest of the MAN 2 maps (that are all still in trial version) are in the "maps" folder. I try moving the maps in the "maps" folder to where the other four are, but then MAN 2 crashes. Can anyone help with what I ought to try next to get these maps working?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:38 pm 
Sea Wolf

try starting over. uninstall completely and then when you reinstall, make sure that it goes into a new game folder and not the man folder. When you install the map pack you have to change the target folder because it wants to install into the man/maps folder and not the man2/maps folder. when you get it installed, check the scenario folder. there will be 2 subfolders in it. one should have the 21 map files. they all need to be in the 2 k range. If they are not, grab all of them, remove them from the folder and install the ones that i sent to you. When you go back on line you will probably have to restore your profile. I hope this will work for you. It did for me.

Post subject: Thanks but still doesn't work.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm 
Thanks for all the postings, guys but it still doesn't work. I did reinstall the map pack into Man 2. However, when I went to activate the code it said it was a bad code. I copied it exactly over from the email I got. Can MAN2 Support please email me a new code? I know I tried it and my internet was down so maybe that bugged it.

Please contact me ASAP. I am stuck!

Daniel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:53 pm 
Sea Wolf

once you have used the code it can not be used again. Instead of trying to reactivate, try the "restore profile" tab. If you have the right maps and scenarieos, it should work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:18 pm 
Sea Wolf

I'm still having problems with all maps, except the 4 trial ones, not showing up correctly - now they all say "no map file [map name].dat".

Here's what I've already done: I uninstalled everything and redownloaded the latest beta of MAN 2, and redownloaded the map pack for MAN 2. I installed them both from scratch, making certain that the maps go into the MAN 2 directory (not MAN).

Other info that might be helpful based on Artmax's questions to me earlier on IM: In my MAN 2 folder, there is a "maps" folder. In the maps folder, there are several items: data folder, scenarios folder, [another] maps folder, and four loose maps, which are the trial ones (Brimstone.map, Eden, Beotorum, Crateus.map). Inside the [second] maps folder, there are the rest of the maps. I thought maybe I should just move them to join the other maps, but as I recall that didn't work. Maybe I should try again, or delete the second maps folder or something?

Also, in the scenarios folder which is in the maps folder, in the net folder,there are only 17 scenario files. However, there is also [another] scenarios folder in the bottom-level MAN 2 folder, and in the "net" folder in it, there are 21 scenario files. Anyway, I was asked about some of this earlier and just relaying the info if it is helpful.

Any help is appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:35 pm 
Developer

If Map Pack installed you would see the following.

Normal maps folder contains 21 files with map or dat extensions. There are no folders in maps folder. Normal scenarios folder contains 2 folders: NET and train. There are 21 scenarios in NET folder, files with scl extension. All scenario files are more than 2000 bytes in size each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:44 pm 
Sea Wolf

when you uninstalled, did you go in and remove the man2 folder? if i remember correctly from uninstallling MA, the uninstall still leaves the folder with a lot of data in it. If you wanted a clean reinstall, you had to first go in and delete the MA folder. I don't know if man2 is the same but it might be worth a look.