Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: draws
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:48 pm 
Sea Wolf

A Draw in the old system did not affect your score or rank in either a positive or negitive way. It has been mentioned to me that draws are now factored into your score, in a positive way if it is with someone of higher rank and in a negitive way if it is someone of lower rank. Is this correct? What happens if a game breaks and must be drawn? While most seem to be running well, I did have my only game against the AI break and become unplayable around turn 10. I never really paid attention If points were awarded when it was drawn by support. It would be my opinion that draws should not count either for or against a player since both players are just agreeing to end the game for what could be a lot of different reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:47 pm 
Sea Wolf

Truly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:39 am 
Sea Wolf

I believe a true draw should give points - like in chess - If a Captain can get a draw against a Marshal then he deserves some points (and the Marshall should be spanked).

On the other hand - a draw due to technical difficulties should be an annulment - no points (positive or negative) for anyone. Even if the game is at 50% the game is not over till the fat lady sings and if the weaker player thought it was all over they probably would have surrendered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:05 am 
Sea Wolf

There is a possibility that a game can end up in stalemate, which in that case needs to be finished w/o any points being given....because "Why should I concede if it will cost me points?" 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:50 am 
Sea Wolf

You should admit defeat like a Man....sic ;)

No seriously - it may be benificial if a surrender cost a little less (not much tho) than an utter defeat? That way a player will strive and be rewarded for actually getting to 100%. And a player is penaliksed for dragging a game out.

I still think that Still draw against a lower rank is a poor result and should cost a few points and a draw against a better opponent should get a few point (as it does not I believe).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:51 am 
Sea Wolf

You should admit defeat like a Man....sic ;)

No seriously - it may be benificial if a surrender cost a little less (not much tho) than an utter defeat? That way a player will strive and be rewarded for actually getting to 100%. And a player is penaliksed for dragging a game out.

I still think that Still draw against a lower rank is a poor result and should cost a few points and a draw against a better opponent should get a few point (as it does not I believe).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:02 am 
Sea Wolf

When it comes down to it, I would give up points to get things done, for I don't get too fixated on the points...(Remember what Cindy Lauper used to say?)...[ background orchestra begins]...For it is not the end I strive for but to enjoy the journey....[crescendo with much crashing of cymbals]...

Last edited by Rextrent on Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:21 am 
Sea Wolf

:oops: - as it does NOW I believe (not not) :wink: