Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Question for Dev's about bug & error reporting & stu
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:40 am 
Sea Wolf

I'm just wondering..

How often do you guys read this forum, and do you read everything?

Are you more into heu, solving problems from friendly users and more into ignoring people who are shouting that it's all crap, or does your attention goes to both sides equaly?

Does it feel bad when you read negative comments? (I guess it always does a bit.. but maybe you know some problems that are in this section and therefore it's not out of the blue..)

Are there bugs reported wich made you think "ooooh no damned why didn't we see that?" or "oh man we're never gonna be able to solve that" ?

Is it true that dev's can not react to each problem 'cause of legal terms?
(I've read on an other forum that some devs were sued because they said on the forum they're gonna fix some problems and they haven't.. seems a "strange" story to me though..)

If someone else has some questions, here's the spot.

Now let's hope some dev reacts :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 1:32 pm 
Developer

Hello,

We read this forum quite often and even if we do not respond, we make notes on posts we see here.

Bokkie wrote:
Are you more into heu, solving problems from friendly users and more into ignoring people who are shouting that it's all crap, or does your attention goes to both sides equaly?

We're accepting only constructive comments which intended to make the game better. If someones says the game is crap, there's not too much we can help - maybe he should try playing another game.

Bokkie wrote:
Does it feel bad when you read negative comments? (I guess it always does a bit.. but maybe you know some problems that are in this section and therefore it's not out of the blue..)

I didn't get what you meant to say here. In case you wonder if we delete negative feedbacks on purpose - then we don't. We know that the army of true fans is bigger and we're working to please them and new players.

Bokkie wrote:
Are there bugs reported wich made you think "ooooh no damned why didn't we see that?" or "oh man we're never gonna be able to solve that" ?

Actually, we have our internal QA department which reports 90% of bugs.
So bugs we see submitted by players usually of no wonder to us. But some fresh ideas and comments we get are really brilliant and makes us think just like you said :-)

Bokkie wrote:
Is it true that dev's can not react to each problem 'cause of legal terms?

In some cases it is.

Generally, we try to concentrate all the efforts on development and game promotion. Some people may think that we just don't care which is not true. Now we're working on Clan Wars and hope this feature will make MAN2 the game for thousands active players.

I will be sending e-mails with update on MAN2 development status this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:15 pm 
Sea Wolf

Thanks for the reply!