Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: new patch v 233
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:04 pm 
Sea Wolf

A couple of things with the new patch.
first--the time left in games you are playing is still screwed up. I have several games that have 5 or 6 days left for me to play my turn and they are listed as "time is up"--you have to read the details to see how long you have. This is a downgrade because before the patch only the games where you were waiting for someone to make their turn had the time screwed up.
2nd--where is the listing of all of the players? I did not check all of the tabs but i did not see any list like the old version had.
3rd, this patch changed the voice back to your "new voice"--now i have to go back and find the post where it is noted how to change back to the old voice--kind of a pain
I don't know about any game play inprovements that this patch was suppose to make but, in my opinion, the menue interface changes were for the worse.
Were there any game play inprovements?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:12 am 
Veteran

I was so curious about the new gameplay improvements and now I'm reading this. :o

Post subject: Re: new patch v 233
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:25 am 
Veteran

storm440 wrote:
A couple of things with the new patch.
first--the time left in games you are playing is still screwed up. I have several games that have 5 or 6 days left for me to play my turn and they are listed as "time is up"--you have to read the details to see how long you have. This is a downgrade because before the patch only the games where you were waiting for someone to make their turn had the time screwed up.
2nd--where is the listing of all of the players? I did not check all of the tabs but i did not see any list like the old version had.
3rd, this patch changed the voice back to your "new voice"--now i have to go back and find the post where it is noted how to change back to the old voice--kind of a pain
I don't know about any game play inprovements that this patch was suppose to make but, in my opinion, the menue interface changes were for the worse.
Were there any game play inprovements?

1. You're right. I'm playing a lot of games at the moment and i hate looking for the details every time.

2. You can see the listing of all players in "Personal Challenge" under the "Send Challenge" tab.

3. I have all sounds turned off. I don't mind.

I haven't seen any game play improvements which were i.e. discussed here: http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5229

My opinion about the new interface is ambivalent:
I like the "task idea" of the new tabs. If someone wanna send a challenge he can do it - of course - under the "Send Challenge" tab and to the public or private only.
But there are a lot of tabs now. It might confuse new players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:17 pm 
Sea Wolf

One other change that is not very good--when you go to the "offline" mode and then come back "online" the send and receive tab in the upper right corner does not work. You have to exit the game and then return to send or recieve any new turns. This is another downgrade from the old version where the send and recieve tab worked anytime you were in the online mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:09 am 
Sea Wolf

Thanks for the list of wrongs.
I will wait until the patch is corrected before loading it.
Many thanks, Storm! and Merry Christmas.