Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:55 pm 
P.L. Marshal

hmmm...looks like Asmodeus learned something about Rust map...why i wonder :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:51 pm 
Veteran

"hmmm...looks like Asmodeus learned something about Rust map...why i wonder"

Six turns... forced surrender... parts of me still bleeding... I dunno, Mrakobes.. I dunno. ;)

"I'm playing Asmodeous on the rust map and things aren't nearly so clean cut. He's secured a continent, I've almost secured one, and the third is up for grabs where he's got the naval advantage and capability to bring in reinforcements and I've (temporarly) got a significant ground advantage.

I think big ones are more fun."

I agree, Aranian. That's why I wanted to try and get some people to challenge me on larger maps. Yeah, it's not as heavy tactics and more "adaptive strategy", but that's the part I enjoy, I mean, in order to finish clearing out the continent I snagged, I had to pretty much sacrifice the one you're about to pick up, and just do what I could to make it as difficult for you to do it quickly, but due to that sacrifice I was able to give myself a slight naval edge, which may be the deciding factor..

But! The battle we've got goin' on on Noble Rust right now is prolly the most intensive and balanced battle I've got going on, next to one I have going with Icarus on Antarcticus. (I think it's Icarus. . .) that's bounced back and forth between 82% and 112% balance every turn.

Lovin' it. :)

Me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:39 am 
Developer

Aranian wrote:
Judging by the few games that I've played so far, the small maps are just trade-down deals that require good knowledge of tactics and unit selection, but are pretty light in the area of overall strategy.

I'm playing Asmodeous on the rust map and things aren't nearly so clean cut. He's secured a continent, I've almost secured one, and the third is up for grabs where he's got the naval advantage and capability to bring in reinforcements and I've (temporarly) got a significant ground advantage.

I think big ones are more fun.

That's what MA is all about:
Small maps are mostly for tactics and quick clashes (still on numerous fronts though)
And the medium and big maps with continents and islands - that's for grand strategy where nothing is decided until later stages of the game (given that both players are of aproximately equal skills and experience)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:44 am 
Veteran

Yeah, I think the best two games I have goin on right now are vs Asmodeous on Antarticus and against DryFire on Rust.

Mrakobes is totally dominating me on rust, although I can't say I'm surprised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:53 am 
Developer

Quote:
.P.S. Just think how I feel!
I think I'm simultaneously losing 5 games at once.

who can suppose what I'm feeling after loosing 4 times one after another on my favorite Antarcicus? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:50 pm 
Veteran

Feel free to throw me a challenge on any map you want. I guess I'm an "experienced" player but I play for the fun of it so I'll gladly take on any game on any map you'd like. Yes, I do prefer winning over losing but this is just a great game to play so it doesn't really matter that much to me. I MUCH prefer the medium/large maps. Keep hoping for some new ones...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2