Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: When are they on?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:21 am 
Tough Nut

Is there a way to find an opponent who's on at roughly the same times as you? other than going through every name on the list, mentally subtracting the "last logged on" number from the current time and hoping thats its part of a pattern and not the exception? I'm only really able to take turns on weekdays between 1pm-4pm, and 1am-4am Eastern Standard Time. It'd be awesome if I could find someone who had similar free time, so I could play through more than 2 turns a day.

Post subject: Re: When are they on?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:08 am 
Developer

traj wrote:
Is there a way to find an opponent who's on at roughly the same times as you? other than going through every name on the list, mentally subtracting the "last logged on" number from the current time and hoping thats its part of a pattern and not the exception? I'm only really able to take turns on weekends between 1pm-4pm, and 1am-4am Eastern Standard Time. It'd be awesome if I could find someone who had similar free time, so I could play through more than 2 turns a day.

Yeah... we need to think about some upgrades to the challenging system, which will allow more accurate "time zone" challenges.

However, I am sure that the upcoming in-game Chat will ease this situation alone to a great extent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:40 pm 
Conscript

I'm really looking forward to the live chat, I think that will help to coordinate "play sessions" where you can sit and hammer out an entire game in one sitting with someone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:18 pm 
I don't know if anyone one is like this, but I find myself just getting fired up about the time I finish the last active turn I have. It really would be great to play out several turns in the same block of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:35 am 
P.L. Marshal

so far the only way to solve a problem is to contact your opponent via instant messager like ICQ or MSN and talk to them and make an agreement for example to be online at GMT 16:00-18:00 and play in this time.btw two worldwars can be played simultaneously this way

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]