Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need some advice on Supply Lines
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:55 am 
Veteran

I'm having trouble deciding what units to produce in countries far away from the front. I too often end up with really stupid stuff like mortars or LAVs crawling into the fray behind a line of tanks, or powerful units which prove to be near to useless once they get to the front because the front has moved or changed.

If anybody has some good advice or wants to teach me something about this during a game, I'd be very grateful. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:20 am 
Developer

That's the most difficult part on large maps.

If you think that you are short of navy - buy amphibians - they can be transported to any point of any map in 2-3 turns.
If you have extra ground units - buy transports
If you have enough transports - consider extra LAVs for the first line (if the battle is going to be static) and tanks+StepBots if it's mobile. If forest areas - mortars Rulezzz. Anyway - plan x turns ahead anyway...

Last edited by Sky Keeper on Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:23 am 
Sea Wolf

Well, simply ensuring you get a lot of transports early on tends to do the trick as you'll be able to keep your troops moving freely. How far behind the lines are you thinking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:57 am 
Veteran

Mainly so far behind that footsloggers can't reach the front without transports.

Thanks for the pointers, mr. Keeper, I'll keep them in mind. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:54 am 
Sea Wolf

I'll check tonight if I have any demos that might help. Are you thinking soley single continent, or moving troops from one to the next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:19 am 
Veteran

I was thinking mostly about single continent, but I haven't been able to play Paradise or Wasserland in WW yet so I'll probably need a lot of help in overseas supplies too. :)

Looking forward to seeing your replays.

I'll also need some games to practise on, so if anybody wants to play some medium to large maps and get the opportunity to gleefully point out my more obvious mistakes, challenge me (any side, any map).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:05 am 
Sea Wolf

I'll send a few through to you. I've been practicing on just that sort of map recently and, while I don't claim to be a master of them, I've picked up enough to feel rather more confident on them. I should be able to give you a hand.

Watching replays is a huge help.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]