Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: save ROTM clan from vampirisation
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:53 am 
Sea Wolf

hello,

i'm telling there something i totally consider as not very fair.

as you may know ROTM clan was too big and had to split.

Antonio told me in chat that he'll make a new team with members of rotm's clan. so everything was ok.
the team would split and he'll find another logo,team name, captain ...

everything's ok up to there.

but now he wasn't even able to find a name,logo for his new team...
so he takes rotm...

i don't consider that very fair cause :
1) leader are Manko and were nblawat who are (or should) stay in real rotm clan (vorl,warchrisMA,Manko, nblawat) after spliiting
2) i have designed website and forum (and find a provider) for rotm clan
without any help of antonio.
so i's an easy way to "steal" my work. and i think anybody likes that.
3) imagine Makrobes who wanted to kill Manko clan (rotm), what clan will he has to kill now (humour Makrobes, don't kill me)

so i ask officialy Artanis and Enforcer to do something or to tell what they conisder as fair...

rotm clan website :
http://rotm.free.fr/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:07 am 
Sea Wolf

Antonio Manero's team does have its own name and captain, the name just isn't showing up on the clan war site due to a coding issue that I will bring up with Enforcer once I get the chance.

As far as the logo goes, before jumping to any conclusions, I want you to answer this question:
"Is Antonio Manero still a member of RotM (just like Mrakobes is still a member of TGE)?"

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:25 am 
Sea Wolf

well i consider that only leader has to answer (for decision and application) this question.
my opinion is it's more logical to splitt.
keeping a big clan is confusing and very difficult to keep good communication.

the real question is : what 's the problem with making a new clan from another one ?

what is the interest to stay in a clan if you want to be in a new one ?

for IEC and TGE they have differents names and player and could be considered as two distinct clan.

rotm clan website :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:24 pm 
Sea Wolf

Yes, it's logical to break a large unit down into more manageable pieces, but dividing responsibility does NOT have to mean kicking out half the clan. Just look at FoR. Enforcer is the leader of FoR, plain and simple, but he didn't want to deal with running a Clan War team, so he made Deda the captain of FoR-Andromeda. And yet, Deda is still a member of FoR, as is everybody on his team.

There's no problem with making a new clan from an old one. The problem is that what you say is your reason ("split into two clans because we're in two wars") is not a reason, but a complete misreading of everything that we've said about how the multiple-war system works.

There's no problem with leaving a clan if you want to. The problem is that as far as I can tell, Antonio Manero does not want to leave RotM.

You can consider IEC and TGE to be whatever you want, but for the purpose of the war, they're the same clan. The difference is a small one for right now, but later on it will become bigger. Since IEC and TGE are parts of the same clan, the next war might have Tiger showing up on IEC's roster, or Mrakobes showing up on TGE's roster. But if you split RotM-Andromeda and RotM-Orion into two distinct clans, then the next war you will NOT have Antonio Manero on the RotM roster, and will NOT have Manko on the roster of Antonio Manero's clan.

My "official advice" on this issue: either let Antonio Manero use the RotM logo or find somebody to make the new one, but stay as two teams of the same clan. If RotM really is too big to handle, you should obviously try to find ways to get it under control, but only use splitting in half as a very last resort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:46 pm 
Sea Wolf

well you seems to be right from your point of view as i red 2nd clan war rules very quickly (some points aren't very clear to me..)

so i prefer the coolest way to stay as it is now and keep a big rotm clan.

the aim is to play with the best team spirit so i hope Antonio will forgive my talk witch could be considered as rude !

that's my style of writing but sometimes it can brings things clearer (even if it's only for me !)

thanks for explanation...

rotm clan website :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:48 pm 
Sea Wolf

warchrisMA wrote:
well you seems to be right from your point of view as i red 2nd clan war rules very quickly (some points aren't very clear to me..)

I'll be uploading a simplified version of the rules soon, so that might help. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]