Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:16 pm 
Sea Wolf

Mrakobes wrote:
oh no! 7 day limit is crazy...such a tournament will be just one big laaag...i am sure i will not join such a tourney...and from other side - what's a "continuous slow play"? is it а turn in 6 days?5 days? 4 days? what if some one sends turn in 2 day then in 4 then in 2 etc...i think you Mvigor yourself will have difficutlies judging all specific cases....

i think that for tournament it's ok to have 3 day no-noncence limit (no-noncence means that moderators cant tell players to not finish,player can ask opponent directly to wait but he is not obliged to.)

As I've explained before Mrakobes - I will be very happy if you don't want to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:52 pm 
Sea Wolf

I think mwigor's solution also works.... although I would allow for someone to go over the seven day limit once if they will make an effort to make other turns quickly.

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

ChrisCraven wrote:
I think mwigor's solution also works.... although I would allow for someone to go over the seven day limit once if they will make an effort to make other turns quickly.

I certainly don't intend to finish any games - but I also don't intend to restart any that are finished on time limit.

What I am hoping for is that people who want to play enter the tournament - then when they get their draw - they get in touch with their opponent - and say - these times are good for me - when is good for you? - and arrange to play their games at a mutually convenient time (we all know that games can be finished quickly if both players are online at the same time)

The format for each round will be a pair of games against the same opponent - under the least turns rule. This is particularly good when both players are on-line at once - as both players can play their turn in one game while waiting for the other game back.

Regards how the continual slow players clause will be enforced - I will allow people to keep track of their own games - if I get complaints that a player is consistently taking over 2 days to play their turns - then that player will be excluded from the remainder of the tournament.

Of course certain players do more complaining than others - so I might not pay as much attention to them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:32 pm 
P.L. Marshal

Quote:
As I've explained before Mrakobes - I will be very happy if you don't want to play.

my absence wont make the idea of 7 days limit less damaging..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:56 am 
Tough Nut

wow I find that very interesting Mrakobes, because you are saying that the rules say that players are ALLOWED 3 days per turn, they SHOULDN'T take so long.

Now, do I remember correctly?? Wasn't it YOU who said it was your technical right to finish a game that had gone an hour over 3 days, even though everyone else said you SHOULDN'T have?

I love your double standards mate, any other examples for me to chuckle over?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:49 am 
Veteran

Some idea you can work on for next tourney:
When I'm trying to decide if my opponent is lagging, I'm looking at the time he made last turn in our game and then check the time he was last time on-line. The only issue is that it's not sure if he made a turn on last login. Maybe there should be a time when he sent the last turn (in any of his games) and moderators will se this time next to the time he sent the turn in the tourney game.

Post subject: Final standings
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:17 am 
Sea Wolf

All the games I have seen have been adjudicated. Here are the final standings for the first stage

Group 1
GB 7 (GB win tie break as they have better record against World/101)
Russia 7
World 3
101 0

Group 2
USA1 12
Pizza 9
Euro1 6
13 1
Euro2 1

Therefore the semi-finals are GB v Pizza and USA1 v Russia.

The format will be the same as each of your round robin matches. The following tie break will apply in the event of a 9-9 draw.

Each planet will count for 1 point and be settled under the least turns rule. Whichever team has won more planets will be considered to have won.

PLEASE try and get in touch with your opponents and arrange mutually convenient times to play turns so that we don't have large number of games outstanding at the end of 4 weeks (ideally this stage should take less than 4 weeks - as soon as results are clear we can start the final).

Would captains please submit their Veto(s) to me (mwigor@yahoo.com.au) by 5.30pm UK time tomorrow.

Also - I'm going to offer all those who missed the Semis a consolation event in the same style. Please submit your teams of 6 including captain (they needn't be the same as your first round teams) to this forum by Thursday 5.30pm UK time - however use a different forum/private messages for match-making.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:35 am 
Veteran

mwigor - was there any time limit for sending you replays for adjudication? I didn't noticed one!
My team mates doesnt have enough time to send them to you! I think that our match against Pizza cannot be finished as all remaining games are draw! The Pizza members choose the tactics criticised above by mrakobes and silicor - they are taking whole 3 days limit. But a lot of unfinished games is with our strongest players (the finished ones are only with weak players or were timed out)., so we want a chances of your adjudication. I'll sent you immediatly replays I've collected and will ask my team mates to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:54 am 
Sea Wolf

Deda. Are you shure about your words? Maybe you should ask your team mates about our lagging. If you prove that you are better I'll shake your hand, otherwise it's very childish these behavior of yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:15 am 
Veteran

It's an odd coincidence, if our two top players Pitor and GuerillaZ have 3 and 2 unfinished games out of 3, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:24 am 
Sea Wolf

They might just be taking more turns, worth checking with Mwigor as he can see how far games have got etc

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:22 am 
Sea Wolf

I will accept replays until the end of Today

Post subject: my replay
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:38 am 
Tough Nut

Xantrul surrender today (i think over the tournament limit, so i don't know if i've got the points)

Can i have victory against Chikitos ?... i send you replay

Thanks

Attachments:
40110-EME-Chikitos-Giuko-9.rep [32.1 KiB]
Downloaded 1227 times

NIHIL DIFFICILE VOLENTI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:11 pm 
P.L. Marshal

2 Ben
usually i not re-explain my post to those who not clever enough to understand them
but this time i will make a clarification
there was NOT any "double-standing" there was two different posts regarding different matters.
one about this CW rules in their current state.3 days limit and autofinish unless moderator sends a message not to finish it until some date.
and btw you lie that
Quote:
everyone else said you SHOULDN'T have

nobody said that- moderators agreed that i was in my right to finish a time-outed game.
So 3 days is what you MUST do obligatory.

other post was about that - besides obligatory limit there is also a good will...a good play is send turn as soon as you reseive it not to wait till it will be three days without 5 minutes.Because if you send turns once in 3 days on constand basis you just can finish NP game withing month.
not being moderator i can do anything to change current rules i just encourage all to play fast and not create situations where game not finish within month.
So i cant say they must play faster obligatory but if they want some respect they could do that.

so where you see douible standing?
cant you see different between "they must do" and "they could do better"?

other,later statements were about how i would want to see an ideal tournament between a dedicated and responsible players.such tournament should go fast,a turn in 1 day (max of two days in effect of time zone) maybe even a several turns per day and if players in same time zone they can even finish game in one seat.however if a player wants to go out for holydays or something he can talk this about with oppenent and make even a week pause promising that he will finish game really fast later.But such trust between players could be only if they all responsible enough..enstead of that we have some laggers who tend to abuse any soft limits so if you offer to allow them to make several days pauses occasionally they will just do that every time.
am i making myself clear now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:29 pm 
Tough Nut

oh yes, you are very clear, you always are - the problem is you can't see your own hypocrisy.

If you recall in our match, most turns I took around 1 or 2 days to send (I'm sorry, but if I have 3 days to make a turn, due to work and other commitments, I will use the 3 days), but sometimes when I had more time I made more as on a few days when I sent multiple turns. Our game was also quite interesting and although I feel I was losing overall, the result could have gone either way.

Then I had issues with support cancelling my subscription even though I had paid and wasn't able to play for a few days - I even posted on this forum saying don't finish my turns please.

BUT, because I didn't ask Tiger or another moderater to tell you this officially (even though you read my message) you saw no problem finishing our game, as it was your "technical" right to do so.

Am I making MYSELF clear now? Do you see the issue I have when someone like you starts talking about how others should or shouldn't behave?

Post subject: Results of Euro1 v Pizza
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:41 am 
Sea Wolf

Euro1 v PizzaPotica 9.5-8.5
New Paradise Pitor Giuko
Wasserland GuerrillaZ melkiot
Twin Islands Pitor Antonio Manero
Noble Rust GuerrillaZ MadJazz
Crateus tomhahnl melkiot
Antarcticus Tywer Giuko
Brimstone Brett Shaw Giuko
Bizarria Brett Shaw guderian27
Butterfly Vorl melkiot
New Paradise Antonio Manero GuerrillaZ DRAW
Wasserland MadJazz Vorl
Twin Islands Antonio Manero tomhahnl
Noble Rust MadJazz tomhahnl
Crateus EL DIABLO Pitor
Antarcticus EL DIABLO Tywer
Brimstone guderian27 Vorl
Bizarria EL DIABLO Brett Shaw
Butterfly guderian27 Tywer

Apologies for calling this one earlier - here are the final results - which means that Euro1 have come 2nd in the group and face GB in the Semis - Deda - please submit your lineup and choice of vetos by 5.30pm today if you can - I will give you until tomorrow though (if you need it).

For those who missed out (including Pizza) remember to submit your captain and lineup for the consolation event by tomorrow.

Post subject: USA1 v Russia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:02 am 
Sea Wolf

I have received vetos from USA and Russia - the maps for this semi-final are . . .

New Paradise
Wasserland
Twin Islands
Anubis
Noble Rust
Crateus
Anatarcticus
Brimstone
Butterfly

Please submit your lineups IN THIS ORDER!!! in an excel spreadsheet. Once I have received both lineups I will start battles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:51 am 
Sea Wolf

Hello. I know that Pitor is a great player, but are you shure that he has THAT advantage against me on Twin Islands? I'm F.N.U. and have to move. He has 127$ and I 83$ but have one more secret ally to disclose plus my revenue of this turn which brings 12$+31$=43$. So it is 127$:126$. He has at the moment more countries under control just becouse he had a different secret allies position. I'm not saying that I'm gona beat him. I'm just pointing out that ha hasen't got the advantage that could give him absolute victory.
This is only my thought. If you think that this battle is allready lost for us, ok.
That's it. Bye. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:38 am 
Sea Wolf

Antonio Manero wrote:
Hello. I know that Pitor is a great player, but are you shure that he has THAT advantage against me on Twin Islands? I'm F.N.U. and have to move. He has 127$ and I 83$ but have one more secret ally to disclose plus my revenue of this turn which brings 12$+31$=43$. So it is 127$:126$. He has at the moment more countries under control just becouse he had a different secret allies position. I'm not saying that I'm gona beat him. I'm just pointing out that ha hasen't got the advantage that could give him absolute victory.
This is only my thought. If you think that this battle is allready lost for us, ok.
That's it. Bye. :)

Its a shame that this game had to go to adjudication - as there is still a lot of play left in it. However I can tell you the following - the panel was unanimous in its verdict.

The value of troops on the board is not the basis of our adjudications - Rocklizard in particular spends a considerable amount of time assessing the strength of both sides position (In particular whether the pieces they hold are well positioned or not for the most likely development of the game from the current point). We do not take account of our opinion as to the relative strengths of the players.

Rocklizard and I felt that PL would fairly quickly gain control of the entire North Island. Meanwhile the FNU aircraft carrier (which accounts for $18 of their troops) would be more or less useless in the fast conquering of the South Island. Therefore while it may take some time - we think a victory for PL is inevitable - regardless of which player held which pieces.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:44 am 
Supreme Marshal

Captains of Euro1 and GB, please, send me your vetos to tiger@massiveassault.com.
When I get your messages, I'll post list of maps for your match and you could send me your lineup.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next