Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is it worth it?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:55 pm 
Conscript

I have been looking for a good strategy war game for awhile. I have been playing a game called firefight for awhile and it's fun but the graphics suck. I was just wondering if it would be worth it for me to download this game and maybe subscibe? It looks pretty fun but from what I've read it has plenty of problems too. If this isn't the game I should get, what should I get (preferably on the wargames network) ? I want something I can download off the internet as a trial or something and then by the full game or membership or whatever. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:01 pm 
Sea Wolf

Yes, it's worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:57 pm 
Conscript

So I should download M.A.N 2 instead of M.A.N. 1? Also what are the minimum system requirements for these games? What kind of internet connection should I have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:49 am 
Sea Wolf

MAN2 is the only one that will be supported when it is released in the near future, and the current Beta version is pretty stable.

You can always try it out for a while before deciding to subscribe. It has a trial mode you can stay in indefinately, but I'm confident if you like true strategy, you'll fall in love with this game and want to subscribe. The best option is definately to go for the lifetime membership, once you decide you want to go with this game.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:43 pm 
Well I certainly like good strategy games. My problem is finding one that actually has real strategy involved and takes some mind power. Do I need highspeed internet to play? I have dial-up right now but I'm getting highspeed at the end of the month. If i do need highspeed, how fast should it be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:45 pm 
Conscript

^ Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:56 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Anonymous wrote:
Well I certainly like good strategy games. My problem is finding one that actually has real strategy involved and takes some mind power. Do I need highspeed internet to play? I have dial-up right now but I'm getting highspeed at the end of the month. If i do need highspeed, how fast should it be?

No, it's turn-base strategy and turn could be sent to server during several seconds with any connection, so you can use slow connection to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:42 pm 
You can play Trial version unlimited time, but if this is wrong, pleeze say so.
This is a real thinking game, on several levels. That's my interpretation and MAN2 is the most playable wargame i have encountered with plenty opps for friendly competition...A high-level chess game with tons of variables. Party on! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:46 am 
Sea Wolf

Anonymous wrote:
Well I certainly like good strategy games. My problem is finding one that actually has real strategy involved and takes some mind power.

In my opinion, the MA series is the best strategic game of its kind I have ever played. Elegent simplicity in presentation, but phenonemal depth that the masters are still discovering in every new situation. If you want True strategy, not the watered down versions you find in most games today, this is the game for you.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

The other players have said it quite well. This is one of the greatest games going if you want to have to think. So many options to consider. I have been playing for almost 2 years and still see things that i have not seen before. Each of the better players seems to develope a style that works for them and at $40.00 for a life time membership, it is a great deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:57 pm 
Conscript

I'm having some troubles downloading it. Do they sell this game on a disc? If not is it possible for someone to dowload the installer and send it to me on a disc? I would pay shipping and handling. Or is that illegal? I'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:02 pm 
Sea Wolf

send your address to my email: americanstorm@msn.com
I will burn the program and map pack download to a disk and send it to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:06 pm 
Sea Wolf

you can only play as a trial player and the game will be limited somewhat but you will be able to get a good idea of if you will like it or not. You become a full registered member when you pay and apply the activation code, but the download is the same for both trial and registered version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:41 am 
Conscript

Ok, thanks alot. I plan on buying a subscription if I like the game at all because I don't really have that much to do this summer and I'm on the internet a lot and I have the money to buy a subscription.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:39 pm 
Tough Nut

Aidyn wrote:
Ok, thanks alot. I plan on buying a subscription if I like the game at all because I don't really have that much to do this summer and I'm on the internet a lot and I have the money to buy a subscription.

oh, dude good for you, Iam like always broke, but than again even trial is cool though you only have 4 out of 24 maps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:31 am 
Sea Wolf

I would hope that the site moderators will ban future spam posts by the jackass that posted the previous message!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:41 pm 
Veteran

It is probably generated by a bot. If the procedure for registering in the forum was changed it would be no problem.
That is, you have to "write back" a code given to you on the registration page, and admins will have to approve ones application before granting you access to the forum.

That's what some other forums do to rid themselves of this problem anyway..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:24 pm 
Sea Wolf

I see that they removed the post so i want Kilzflip to know that i was not speaking of him :-?