Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: It's nice to have email-notification, butt...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:10 am 
Conscript

It's nice to have email-notification, but you should make the system more smarter. I don't know if it is a bug, but if I'm logged into the game and playing turns with several players, the server sends me email-notifications that there is a new turn available though I'm logged in and get an in-game message that a new turn is available. You should program the client to send a confirmation to the server that the user has received and got notified of a new turn, otherwise the notification will be sent by email. Also another thing about the email-notification service, whenever the user changes any untrivial setting (not important things like passwords, mail or usernames), the server sends the user an email-message. I think this is not needed at all, e.g. when I'm changing my status in settings from something like "Free for play" to "Away from computer" I get an email-message.

And also I want to point out that what the heck is the "Changing my playing status"-option (or what it is called) doing in the settings menu? This option should be available globally in the game menus with easy access, e.g. whenever I've to go to the toilet reading some nice lecture and poo, or when the phone is calling and it is my mother who wants to complain or nag about something.

Yet another complaint, why is the game so addictive, I can barley keep my fingers from the MAN2-icon on my desktop?
:evil:

/Vantskruv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:29 am 
Developer

Johannes, tak sе myke for your ideas.

Game Server notifications is the part of Game Server which has never been modified. It has been the same for about 4 years, till now.

Besides, Game Server does not know anything about current player's status but Chat Server does. Chat Server and Game Server do not exchange information with each other.

I'm not sure we could fix the bugs this week but we definetely add the tasks to our schedule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:25 am 
Conscript

It's nice to hear from you! I was playing with an american in a couple of hours yesterday. It turned out to be an even and nice fight, though I got the advantage at the end. :) When I got to bed I was dreaming about the game all the night long :oops:, replacing all my wonderful girldreams! :evil: Anyway, after closing the game and checking the email I got 16 mails. Though, because of my high IQ, I redirected the mail to a specialized MAN2-folder (you should be proud of that :)).

Успехов!