Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: transfer of players
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:33 am 
Sea Wolf

Got the email about being able to transfer our old alais from MAN and i am wondering why this was done? Has it been decided that all players of the original series will be given free membership into the new man2? It makes no sense that i can now play as 1_storm440 as a captain and only about 800 points from major, with about 150 wins--all transfered from the old series while if i use the alais i have been playing all of my man2 games with i am still a lieutenent and 1800 points away from captain. One of the good things about playing man2 was that everyone started from the same point--0. Why should players from the old series be given this free pass up the ranks? As an example, there are now 3 "Marshal Tiger" two comming from his old MAN profile. What does any of our old profiles have to do with MAN2? The dev's have talked about making the game better for the newbees, how does brings hundreds or thousands of profiles of players, some who have never played a MAN2 game, over and inserting them in the higher ranks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:37 am 
Veteran

Btw I don't like this transfer too. In MAN I played a lot of games with my REDeyes alias and I'm not interested in transfering it to MAN2. May REDeyes rest in peace.

Maybe the devs thought that a former player of MA/MAN/Domination is more willing to pay for MAN2 with this big start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:29 pm 
Supreme Marshal

I think (it's just my opinion), the main idea of this transfer was to close several old games (MA/MAN/Domination) and compensation for players of these old games.

Post subject: Re: transfer of players
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:32 pm 
Supreme Marshal

storm440 wrote:
there are now 3 "Marshal Tiger" two comming from his old MAN profile.

I don't like this situation too and I hope to resolve it in the nearest future (you can see that I don't use my old profile). I just would like to save my old statistic W/L (4 years of battles) without old scores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:04 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Morn wrote:
Btw I don't like this transfer too. In MAN I played a lot of games with my REDeyes alias and I'm not interested in transfering it to MAN2. May REDeyes rest in peace.

Maybe the devs thought that a former player of MA/MAN/Domination is more willing to pay for MAN2 with this big start.

There are 3 variants:
1. You wait until May, 3 (end of time subscription for transfered players). Then you can restore your new-old profile (probably, it was named in MAN2 as 1_REDeyes), go to "My Profile" and press "Remove Profile", but you can't restore it later.
2. You can don't use old profile and this profile will not be included in the list of active players after 7 days.
3. Write to support and they could manually remove your profile from server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:16 pm 
Sea Wolf

Ok , so let me see if i understand this. All former, man, ma and domination players are given a 20 game trial period or untill a date in May to play for free. At that time, if they wish to play, they can pay for the lifetime subscription and their rank will be determined by all of the games they have transfered plus whatever games they have played during their trial period . Is this assessment of the situation correct? While i welcome new players, I have to say that if what i have discribed is what will happen, this is really unfair to all of the players that have supported man2 over the past year. If any of these transfers join up their rank should be based on whatever games they have played in this series, not what they have done in any of the other games. To do otherwise makes a total mockery of the ranking and or rating system. I would have no problem if you want to add a line in the player info that states his rank in one of the old series as, general information. But, rank or rating in MAN2 should be only based on games played in MAN2!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:47 pm 
Sea Wolf

Did this email go out to all old accounts? If so I did not get one. What did it say?

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:19 am 
Supreme Marshal

ChrisCraven wrote:
Did this email go out to all old accounts? If so I did not get one. What did it say?

Yes, all players should get e-mail notification. I've got such e-mail to all my accounts, including test-profile, which one I've created during preparation of Domination.
These messages like the following:
Dear Massive Assault or Massive Assault Network or Domination player!

In terms of MA community unification campaign your current profile ........ has been successfully transferred into the game Massive Assault Network 2 (MAN 2).

So below is your profile information in MAN 2:

Your alias is: 1_........

Your password is: ........

In order to restore the above profile, please, follow the next steps:

1. Download the game at: http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/do ... 43full.exe

2. Run Massive Assault Network 2.

3. Select "Restore Profile" in Main Menu of the game and enter your new alias and password.

Remember, that all your current data including the number of victories, defeats as well as your scores has been transferred
to Massive Assault Network 2. For the time being you've got ........ victories and ........ defeats. Your new rank is ........ and now
you have ........ points in MAN 2 rating. Your remaining subscription time is ........ days.

Important notice: Old game server will be shut down shortly, so we strongly recommend to install MAN 2 in order to enjoy
online gaming experience.

In Massive Assault Network 2 you will play on refined battle maps from all game predecessors, as well as on a bunch of
brand new planets, totaling 25. Besides, online play mode greatly streamlines gameplay; you are able to observe any game
that is being played at the moment by pressing "eye" icon from in-game chat (surely a great way for any player to learn new
strategies and tactics from top players). In MAN 2 there are two rather experienced AI ladies - Emily and Kate, who are
always ready for online battle with players thus offering effective training to newbies. Moreover, there is a great chance
to play with various unit sets using 42 units of different power. In MAN 2 original settings for new games are available:
chess-clock option, in-game turn limit (from 5 minutes to unlimited), possibility to end game as draw as well as a lot of
other optimizations and interface enhancements (like award system, avatars, data transmission optimizations, etc).

If you have any problems with this transfer procedure, do not hesitate to contact our Support Team at
support@massiveassault.com. All your questions are also welcomed at our game forum at
http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/index.php?c=6

Thank you for playing our games!
Wargaming.net team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:44 am 
Veteran

i was MAN player even subscribed for almost a year. then i went to prison for a year and come back and find out man 2 is out after playing it for a while i like MAN better then you give me a lifetime membership, that was cool that makes up for the year i paid 6.95 a month x 12 mo = $84 that is way to much for a game. but like i said i got the email saing i am a liftime member, now i find out we only have 20 games and/or till may 3rd. that is total be. and now i now y i havnt played in 9 months cause of all the bs to layal players unleess i get a lifetime membership i am so over this game later guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:41 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Beerthirty wrote:
i was MAN player even subscribed for almost a year. then i went to prison for a year and come back and find out man 2 is out after playing it for a while i like MAN better then you give me a lifetime membership, that was cool that makes up for the year i paid 6.95 a month x 12 mo = $84 that is way to much for a game. but like i said i got the email saing i am a liftime member, now i find out we only have 20 games and/or till may 3rd. that is total be. and now i now y i havnt played in 9 months cause of all the bs to layal players unleess i get a lifetime membership i am so over this game later guys

You didn't understand. 20 games until May, 3 have got all old players, which one had profile in the MA, first MAN or Domination. They could use it if they restore their old profile in MAN2 with prefix 1_.... . You can too restore your old profile from the first MAN and play 20 battles from that profile, but your lifetime subscription in MAN2 is still lifetime subscription and you can play any number of games from your MAN2's profile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:28 pm 
Sea Wolf

Tiger, i think you misunderstand him--I do not think he has a MAN2 profile, just the profile that has been transfered from his man account. Correct me if i am wrong but i do not think the transfered players are being given lifetime membership--just the oppertunity to play 20 games for free or untill may 3rd, at which point they have to pay the 39.95 fee for membership if they want to keep playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:39 pm 
Supreme Marshal

storm440 wrote:
Tiger, i think you misunderstand him--I do not think he has a MAN2 profile, just the profile that has been transfered from his man account. Correct me if i am wrong but i do not think the transfered players are being given lifetime membership--just the oppertunity to play 20 games for free or untill may 3rd, at which point they have to pay the 39.95 fee for membership if they want to keep playing.

Yes, transfered player have just 20 games in full mode and after it they should subscribe (39.95$ for lifetime membership) or play in the demo-mode, but in the first MAN there was not lifetime membership, so ordinary transfered player can't have lifetime membership before transfer.
If you have such subscription, you should write e-mail to support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:49 pm 
Veteran

no i dont have the subscriptino anymore 6.95 a month for 1 year is the most expensive game i have ever played/owned. then to come out with a lifetime subscription after i paid for 12 months seems alittle unfair the only reason i am making such a big deal out of it is i like Massive assualt i have Subscribed to MAN i bought MA i play MAN2. isn't that enough? well now that i blew of some steam have a great day everyione

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:44 am 
Sea Wolf

Well sir, that is a tremendous bunch of shiznak to deal with.
Glad you got out of the ever-lovin' pokey. What a way to stretch out the days!
Seems that things have become complicated, but I have resolved to play, play, play, and have a good time.
Rank is not really an obtainable goal for me anyway, as I am too mediocre to be a top-ten big gun.
I'm glad this is the case, so all the ranking-games don't bother me.
Of course, we don't like to see people getting it put to them! 8)