Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2v2 4v4 8v8 etc
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:37 pm 
Tough Nut

when one says lets make man have more than two players, people start thinking 8v8, my god, two weeks per player, that could take upto 32 weeks before I get my turn back, but it can actually be done using the exact same turn arround that currently exists.
Side one make all there moves, say within a week, (only one player can be logged in at a time), then side b, If you are the first player on your team to play, then you wont see any of your teams movement, but if you are the last to go, you will see your entire teams moves. If a player on your team hasn't put his turn in, your team gets say 1 days extra time so that any of your team can run the turn for that player.
On an 8x8, the maps would be huge, and each player would be given start positions in groups, like say 8 2 player maps bolted together, thus reducing the 1st turn advantage to not much more than it currently is now.
if the devs dont want to do it, give me the code, i'll do it, i've been a programmer for 15 years.

Post subject: Re: 2v2 4v4 8v8 etc
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:34 am 
Sea Wolf

I will take a part in the mod developing. I'm programmer for 12 years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:38 am 
Developer

expleto
Goo
fastest and easiest way - decompile java-client and do it :)

you need to overwrite:
1) game logic
2) interface
3) database (both client and server)
4) old php-website
are you serious?

or wait for M.A.N. 3 :-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm 
Tough Nut

I will wait for man 3, that is, if it will ever come out in the next decade or so. Im a c programmer, not very up on php and web based programming, really dont like any of them languages, but somewhere I got the idea that man was written in c/c++....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:07 am 
Sea Wolf

I agree with expleto, web programming is bad things for addons creation. And more badly idea to use decompiling code. As I understand the fact is Wargaming company does not want to open their source of game because it will bring to that everyone can have their own game server :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:23 am 
Tough Nut

cant really blame them for not releasing the source code, I never would. But I do wish they would hurry up and release man3, I would happily pay again for that, for all the 100s pounds i have spent on other games, I have probably spent more time playing this than all the rest put together.
I might add, what is it that really makes this game good, in my opinion, is the way the games are handled by the server, the whole network side of things is just perfect. If you made that other game erm, galactic assault have the same kind of networking, game matching etc, Id buy that, and play it. I did look at that game, it looked ok, but the network side of things was poor. I also looked at that other ww2 game u made, but it just looked and played like a ww2 'world in conflict' clone, didnt like that 2 much. I have dozens of games like that, I dont have any others that are as good as man2. which is quite similar to M.A.X., which I loved as a kid, (still have the disks).